60 per cent furlough a possibility.

I can see this going down well :).

Link
Saw this earlier...people will rebel.
How can they expect people to live on just over half of what they earn.
Trouble ahead..

be quick apply for Universal Credit if on furlough

They want people to go back to work so there goes all the hard work Boris keeps telling us the UK public have done staying at home.

If it drops to 60% folk will be clambering to get back to work. Social distancing could not be done in many work places so doing this but still making us que outside a supermarket while not allowing us to meet with family outside our households becomes a joke.

Im not on furlough btw.

Actually @ minute on furlough & Universal Credit & no worse off lol but i am on minimum wage since changed job & took a financial hit do wonder at times who wins

I get a feeling a lot of people are using the furlough as an extended summer break. Lots of people going to be making excuses as to why they don't want to go back to work. I've been at work every day through this and it has driven me made driving home past the parks the reservoirs watching people out enjoying themselves.

Last edited:
Send under 45s back to work first (only 1% of coronavirus deaths are in that category) keep the rest on 80%.
If nothing else that should enable McDonalds to open up again.

I get a feeling a lot of people are using the furlough as an extended summer break. Lots of people going to be making excuses as to why they don't want to go back to work. I've been at work every day through this and it has driven me made driving home past the parks the reservoirs watching people out enjoying themselves.
You could well be right there. My son works for JLR and has had an offer to go back to work. Working only one shift system so the loss of shift pay would give him approximately what he is getting on Furlough.
He's a good worker who doesn't lose any time and is fed up with being off work, however he is in 2 minds whether to go back or not.

JLR should be offering some sort of incentive really whilst furlough is still in operation. I wasn't able to offer advice.
Good on you for working throughout @kegnkiwi , remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side :)

Since the day the lockdown was brought in, we put in our cars/work vans a letter from the rail industry saying we where essential workers. I know a number of people milking furlough, mainly owners of companies who work for themselves and have furloughed themselves but then if any work comes in they are out doing it. I have contacted loads of companies over the last few weeks asking if they need their machinery testing. Massive amounts of people are off but then if you look on LinkedIn they are posting stuff for their companies.

Last edited:
We live in a world full of hypocrites mate. Will call the UK government to high heaven whilst holding out their hand for the 80% and/or benefits. The divide in this Country has never been more evident than it has since Brexit and now the pandemic.
I'm no lover of the Conservative Party or politicians as a whole but someone has to lead. All we see now is a Government trying to please everyone and in doing so all the hypocrites see is ulterior motive.

Those milking or cheating the system are incapable of understanding that somehow this money has to be recuperated, probably through taxpayers such as themselves. They are likely the same ones who have zero trust in the Government, yet as soon as this crisis hit they are stealing 80% of their average pay from taxpayers funds.

F*cking hypocrites!!!

Back