6 Pin Pci-e Cable

bardar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, i recently bought a second hand gfx card but it doesnt take the standard 4 pin power cable, its either a 6 or 8 pin,
The guy i bought from says if the psu doesnt have 8 pin cables built in i need two 6 pin pci-e cables. anyone know where to buy or a link to them?
Regards

Thanks for that, i cant get a hold of the guy i bought it off but he said he used 2 of these, would this mean putting one into the 8 pin part? tia

Hi, i recently bought a second hand gfx card but it doesnt take the standard 4 pin power cable, its either a 6 or 8 pin,
The guy i bought from says if the psu doesnt have 8 pin cables built in i need two 6 pin pci-e cables. anyone know where to buy or a link to them?
Regards
its a six pin

its a six pin

Hi, mine is the card on the left and has both 6 and 8 pin sockets,
My dilema now is that my psu only has four molex connectors so each 6 pin socket needs 2 molex so i had to unplug 2 optical drives so it looks like a new psu. regards

Does your PSU come with an 8 pin connector?

You may get away with just plugging that in as it pushes out 150W.

Ideally you need both the 6 pin and the 8 pin connected, or two 6 pins (one goes in the 8 pin), but if your PSU has the 8 pin already then that is even beter, just buy one 6 pin adaptor and your away leaving you with the extra molex you needed.

If you want to use ATI override overclocking feature you MUST have both 6 pin and 8 pin connected, these cards are monster overclockers and I would advise you to give it some jip!!!

Also if your really sutck you can get molex splitters to split the power from one cable.

Last edited:
Back