5m to 10m vga cable required

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
first of all do they exist? if they do where would you buy one? i probabley need 2. im thinking of revamping my karaoke to involve using a plasma tv in the pub. so does anyone use one? can some kind peeps point me in the right direction.

stef

go to ebay buy these things cheap enough to buy

I grabbed a 5m VGA cable from eBay a few months ago for my Dad, cheap as chips.

i think i was searching the wrong thing guys, thx for pointing in the right direction as i couldnt see a 10m one.

Where do u do the karoke mate?

Saturday nite in Jack Daniels per chance? Lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

10m on a VGA cable is pushing it, I'd buy a decent quality cable for a 10m or above length or it'll only manage crappy resolutions like 800x600.

I use a 10m vga cable for watching my hd movies from the pc on the tv mate cost me about a tenner and works great.

Just google cables there are a few cheap web shops

Edit

In reply to munkeys post I just wanted to add that the res I use is the tv's native res which is 1366x768 and its fine.

Last edited:
Where do u do the karoke mate?

Saturday nite in Jack Daniels per chance? Lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Friday night in the treasury in airdrie. ive done a few functions in JD and the electric bar. i cover a few pubs in airdrie m8, i do private functions from birthdays to funerals. :proud:

10m on a VGA cable is pushing it, I'd buy a decent quality cable for a 10m or above length or it'll only manage crappy resolutions like 800x600.

the quality doesnt need to marvellous m8, so long as i can get the punters to see what they are singing and videos to appear on a telly that folks will hardly pay any attention to.

its a digital signal! so unless you are going over the quoted figures for VGA which if i recall is 100m then get any cheap one ya can find, same goes for hdmi cables cant understand why peeps buy the ones costing £50 to £100.

i can also say with 100% certainty the best speaker cable you can buy is ya normal twin & earth!!! i have seen this used at many expedition venues i have been to setup

Most often cables are cheapest off ebay.

cableuniverse.co.uk are pretty good too, you can get pretty much any cable, any length from them. They also sell lots of adapters and little bits and pieces.

you play at funerals?

what sorta songs do you play there?

Return to sender by elvis?

highway to hell by ACDC?

knock knock knocking on heavens door wow wow wow oh yeah! lol

sorry bud i could go on all night with these

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i was being sarcastic about the funerals, however i have guys who have done karaoke at the wake. its been done, ive never been asked but i would as im a bitch slave to the dollar!

Back