50hz Tv

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
So guys
Im looking at buying a 65" 4K tv
The ones im looking at are either Samsung or LG.
But looking at the specs they all list as 50hz.
I run a very capable PC that can hit over 100 fps even with todays games in 4k.

Are these tv's good for high end PC gaming or am i going to have to vsync?

Cant seem to find a tv of this size with anything more than 50hz.

I'm using a Samsung UHD tv right now for my pc and gaming. Mind i'm not playing competitively so any lag, not that i can perceive any, is not an issue.

Its running uhd hdr at 60hz for a 2017 model

I'm using a Samsung UHD tv right now for my pc and gaming. Mind i'm not playing competitively so any lag, not that i can perceive any, is not an issue.

Its running uhd hdr at 60hz for a 2017 model
At the moment i have a Samsung UE55F6400 55 Inch Smart 3D LED TV that has a 200hz Clear Motion Rate...apparently.
But it runs all my games in 1080p with not much screen tearing.

Im a bit worried if i go ahead and buy wether or not screen tearing will become a problem with 50hz

My tv is a 2017 model and i've not seen much issue but then I'm not as critical these days. Most TV's will operate at 60hz some higher spec ones might work even higher. I've seen a sony bravia your on about and i don't rate them highly, but then I'm not a sony fanboy lol

I've not been a fan of Sony since Trinitron days @nara , their LCD sets are all lack-lustre to say the least. But a friend recently got a 65" OLED Sony and I have to admit it is one spectacular set - both image and sound. Having said that I think she had to sell several limbs AND a kidney to afford it.
Why not get your new set on a trial @Kryton , ramp up your FPS till it stops working, back off & see if it's good enough.

i didnt keep the book dont even know what model it is it probably make no difference to me anyway

Back