[500c] Telnet

DigitalWorldz Dream

DW Dream Image Uploader
Reaction score
To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.
  • Rename the image file to backup.img
  • FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
  • Telnet to your box and paste the following command:
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

To telnet, click START > RUN and type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox
A command window will appear, enter username root and password dreambox.

To backup an image using Telnet
  • Telnet to the box and paste the following command:
cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/backup.img
  • FTP to the box and navigate to the /tmp
  • Here you will find the backup.img file.
How to copy an image from your PC to the Dreambox via Telnet

First of all, you need to have a mounted directory from your PC.
Make sure you have the DW.img file in your mounted directory on your PC.

Telnet to the dreambox and paste this command:

cp /hdd/movie/DW.img /tmp/DW.img

The img will be copied from your mounted directory to the /tmp folder on the dreambox ready to be flashed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Services and Bouquets

When you do a transponder scan on your dreambox, automatic or manual, a services file is automatically generated with the frequencies and services ids of all the channels found. If you have successfully done a services scan and found all the channels, there's no need to copy over additional services files.

So you've managed to get all your channels and set up your bouquets just the way you want them. The first thing you want to do is back them up to your PC for safe keeping. If you need to flash the image again, for whatever reason, it's always good to have the services and bouquets backed up, then you simply copy the files to the box instead of setting them up from scratch again. Neutrino and Enigma are different in the way they store the services and bouquets.

Enigma

With enigma images, the services file doesn't have an extention and is stored in the following location:

services - /var/tuxbox/config/enigma

With enigma, each bouquet you create has it's own userbouquet file. These files are stored in:

userbouquet.*****.tv - /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable

There's also a file called bouquets (without extention) in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma that you want to backup as well.

So when you're backing them up to your PC you want to copy the 'services' and 'bouquets' files from ../enigma and all the 'userbouquet' files from ../enigma/cable folder.

Once you've copied them back to your dreambox, use the browser reload commands below. They won't take effect unless they are reloaded.
Some images may have a 'ReloadChannels' option, usually in the BLUE button menu or User Features menu, this can also be used to reload the channels.

Neutrino

With neutrino images, the file system is more like the dbox2.

services.xml - /var/tuxbox/config/zapit
ubouquets.xml - /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

All your bouquets are stored in the ubouquet.xml file instead of an individual file in enigma.

Same as above, you will need to reload the channels before they will take effect. On neutrino images, there's usually an option in the Services Menu to reload channels.

Reloading Services and Bouquets after transferring (using Enigma/Gemini)

Once you have transfered your backed up services and bouquets to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma, follow these instructions.

To reload services...

Open web browser and paste the following command into the address bar:

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadSettings

(replace x with your own ip address)

To reload bouquets...

Open web browser and paste the following command into the address bar:

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadUserBouquets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How Can I Find Out The IP Address Of My Image?

If, for any reason, your settings on your dreambox are mixed up, your box boots up ok but you can't see your settings ok your TV, type this command into a cmd prompt.

FOR /L %i IN (1,1,254) DO ping -a -n 1 192.168.1.%i | FIND /i "Reply">>c:\ipaddresses.txt

This will ping every ip address between 1 and 254 for the desired subnet, i.e. 192.168.1.***. Alter the command to suit your own subnet.​

Back