500C record to xbox

stelladrinka

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, can a 500c record to the orignal xbox? I have one in the attic with a 120gb hdd fitted. If it can, some info on how to do it would be great thanks.

XBMC will connect to the dreambox and download your boquets and give you control using the xbox pad, but i dont know about recording onto its HDD unless there is some way to mount the xbox drive for use with the dreambox, but then the xbox would need to be left on 24/7

I can't think of a reason it shouldn't work. Never tried it myself, but I guess you can share out the xbox's hd over the network, and browse for it and attach using a normal windows PC. If so, then you'll be able to do the same from the dreambox, just as if you were mounting a PC's shared folder.

Good luck.

I'll give it a try when I get 5 and get back to you, thanks for the replies

Yes you can do it as I did it about a year ago when I was bored one day. I can't remember exactly how I did it but as I remember it wasn't that hard. I have now got a xbox 360 so I can't tell you how to do it.

id imagine youd have to setup the xbox IP, then user and password xbox : xbox and something like e:/videos/movie for the mount in the dreambox settings

Back