500c not seeing remote

myjoanne

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone help?
My box lost all channels so I re flashed it and now I can't even get the TV to see it and the remote won't bring anything up. I chaged batteries and have even bought a new one but when I turn the box on it just wont come up on the Tv, the green light is on!

sounds like a bad flash to me m8 . recover and rewite with dreamup and a null cable is the best way

What type of tunner has it got on the box mate.

What type of tunner has it got on the box mate. Amd what image did you put on it mate.

Not sure what you mean by tunner is it the remote as I have the long black one and just got a little silver one, the box is a 500c.I flashed DW_v2_with_ROM_Fixes_APRIL_2008.rar
Not very up on this stuff as you may gather.

use dreamup to flash a base image on using only the null modem cable, then flash your au image on

You can test if your remote is working by using a digital camera or a mobile phone with a camera on it and pressing a button on the remote while pointing the camera at the remotes - led. if it's working you'll see the led flashing.

If the remote is working - inside the box the connector from the remote sensor to the board might have come loose - just plug it back in. Either that or you might have to reflash the box.

Thanks everyone, I have got the remote working now but I have lost everything and the transponder isn't finding any TV services. I have re flashed it which sorted the remote out. Any help on which image to flash?

Back