500c dw 2.1 services.xml problem

Electron2k

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I am really sorry to ask a question that I am sure has been asked a million times already and yes I did search and read the FAQs..

This is the first time I have used a Dm500c (lovely machine by the way) and I have flashed it with dw 2.1..

All the channels are there fine but I just cant figure out how to get a bouquette/servcies files working on it.

I have tried Boquette Wizard and it just gives an FTP import error.. I have also tried a dbox2 to dm converter and dream bouquetter.. I have also tried countless different files from the servies/bouquette sections in loads of different directories...

However everytime I start it up I get about 500 channels in jumbled up order with loads of duplicates still..

If anyone can please shed some light I would be very grateful.

BTW I am in Leicester if anyone also has a file for this area? :)

Cheers

do you have a service file to transfer over or are you trying to make bouquets from scratch ?

when scanning are you useing the correct location number or scanning with bruteforce ?

Hi,

thanks for the quick response..

I am using bruteforce as none of the other options seemed to work

I amt trying to use a leicester services and bouquets file from the dbox2 section which i tried to convert

I also treied one from another city in the hope it would at least sort of tidy up the list..
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/2392/

however wherever I put the files it seems to have no effect

Do I need to wipe the tuxbox directory first or something?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive never converted a dbox service file so cant help ya there m8

scanning with bruteforce will bring in duplicate channels,try changing tuner and scanning with your correct location again

Hi,

I did a factory reset then a scan on the only other option that would work sym6952 or whatever its called... I however still have loads of dupes.

Any idea why bouquett wizard would not work with dw2.1?

We have lots of different service file for different cities, with the merger is it not as simple as ex C&W + TW or Pure NTL?

Back