500C clone killer images?

stuhar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what images is best avoided for clones as I have heard that some newer images have clone killing code built in to them and also how does the code actually kill the clones cheers all

not sure m8 play safe and use dw ones they are defo clone safe

it was a gemini image but cant remember version.
i find dw 2.0 very good though

it doesnt actually 'kill' the box, it delets the boot information so it wotn start up, but it can be brought back to life easily enough with a bit of soldering and re-programming ;)

what is you meen is jtag loked at this and it looks a bit complex but I suppose its like anything one you done it once then its not a problem, I always use the neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.9b on my dreamboxes but was just curious if I was to venture down the DW or gemini imgage path then which to keep a way from cheers all

gemini have been band from a lot of forums and a lot of ppl i know will not use them for what they did all so they kill a lot of dm boxs too what ware not even clon boxs stay well claer from gemini ther bad news

its anything after Gemini 4.30 thats the problem

This is correct and I beleive there is software to remove it availible somewhere.

Also point to not, the virus in gemini looks at mac address of the clones. Before they didnt come out with same macs as Dream media. But recently all my chinese clones I've got have had same mac and some reported New gemini working ok on them. Personally I would never trust a gemini image ever again...stick with the best and use DW.

This is correct and I beleive there is software to remove it availible somewhere.

Also point to not, the virus in gemini looks at mac address of the clones. Before they didnt come out with same macs as Dream media. But recently all my chinese clones I've got have had same mac and some reported New gemini working ok on them. Personally I would never trust a gemini image ever again...stick with the best and use DW.

But which range of MAC's in Gemini looking at ?

Found this on google:

How the gemini atacked and how to config mac address

Ok managed to find how attack started, they traced MAC address in boxes . this includes eagle box / dvb /dm500 china/extremebox etc. and the boxes have similar mac address all start with 00:12:25:xx:xx:xx this mac address is for motorola company and genuine Dreambox mac address is 00:09:34:xx:xx:Xx owned by dreamultimedia , so with this information i will pass on you will be able to convert your mac address to original dreamultimedia mac address by doing the following information

Create init File with another mack .using NOTEPAD, then copy this text
inside notepad file

ifconfig eth0 down ; ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:48:21:0A:33:26 ; ifconfig eth0 up

And save this file with name in .init .then with program dcc2.94 using ftp mode save this init file on dreambox var/etc folder
then login again to dreambox in telnet mode and click Format option, the write this:

ifconfig eth0 down ; ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:09:34:xx:xx:xx ; ifconfig eth0 up

This xx xx xx you can put something else. after doing this click enter. and then for testing on new mac address just type ifconfig.

To check if your mac address box is genuine just login to box via telnet and type cat /proc/bus/dreambox

this should tell you information about box.

if mac start with 00:12:25 then box is fake dream
if mac start with 00:09:34 then box is genuine dream

if eagle star mac with 00:12:25 it means is still genuine eagle box and ok but not recognised at genuine by dreambox. in fact they are 2 diferent models not related but compatible with same images.

c&p,thanks goes to Calhordas

If your gonna clone a box, brandname, trademarked bootloader, why you would change a software-visible feature such as the MAC address is beyond me!

Last edited:
Just come accross this thread. Got hold of a Openmedia500CS today, the mac begins as 00:09:34 out of the box, so assuming it's ok to use latest Gemini images? Anyone able to confirm?

wouldnt touch them if i was you there are plenty of other images

yeh my 500sat reciever got bricked by on,luckily i could jtag it again,the dw images are good aswell as pli and nabilosat etc etc

I can confirm that a clone DM500C & a Openmedia500CS, both new clones with mac address starting a 00:09:34 both accept and run latest gemini 4.5, upto you if you want to risk trying though.

Back