500-C Speakers?

T4i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have my 2nd 500-C hooked upto my portable TV in the bedroom, the TV is a Sony flatscreen and the picture is sweet, unfortunately the speaker is utter cr@p.

To actualy hear the TV we need to turn it up nearly full volume, this has a drawback as the speaker then just vibrates under certain frequencies.

So, I want to get some small stereo speakers for the 500-C. Or I could plug the speakers into the TV phono output. I'm thinking the 500-C audio outs will be better though as I can just mute the TV completely and just use the 500-C for volume.

Any recommendations? Anyone else done this?

What image have you on ? I have noticed this before esp with neutrino. Be interested to see the replies. I doubt its your tv is the culprit.

What image have you on ? I have noticed this before esp with neutrino. Be interested to see the replies. I doubt its your tv is the culprit.

Same problem here, have to turn the TV up full blast to hear the sound from the 500c. If Im watching the 500c then want to watch a DVD, I have to turn the TV right down otherwise it scares you half to death when the DVD kicks in!

Same problem here, have to turn the TV up full blast to hear the sound from the 500c. If Im watching the 500c then want to watch a DVD, I have to turn the TV right down otherwise it scares you half to death when the DVD kicks in!

I think I need a female stereo jack to 2 male RCA's. Then I can plug some P.C speakers into the 500-C. Just not sure if they are going to be loud enough, don't see why not though as p.c speakers are plenty loud enough on a sound card.

Could try a bit of analysis ,....

1. What images are you all using.
2.Have you tried a different image?
3. Where and when did you buy the box
4. Using scart or RGB. Does changing make a whit of difference?

Could try a bit of analysis ,....

1. What images are you all using.
2.Have you tried a different image?
3. Where and when did you buy the box
4. Using scart or RGB. Does changing make a whit of difference?

1. DIORJ 0.6 - Tried DW 1.6.2 last night
2. Yup, tried most of them
3. DVB-Shop24 (Oct 06 & Jan 07)
4. Scart, tried using the RCA outputs into a AMP but this is quiet too

i have the same problem, it my seems to be the dreambox, as my old dbox was alright, i guess we will just have to live with it, though it does scare the crap out of you when you swith between TV and DVD e.t.c.

Back