50 degs Centigrade - what's that like?

So you've seen my blood results then :)

only went out for very short times, and covered up with sun screen and hats etc. Drink plenty of water obviously.

Only time iv ever been in these temperatures was during a heatwave in Greece when even the locals were dying from the temperatures.

I know what your saying mate one year me and the wife went to Rhodes and it was a serious heatwave and the locals were dying we just couldn't really go out in it and it ruined the holiday.

we had 49.c in lindos on rhodes island and it is fooking hot but you get used to it i sweated alot so was always drinking water and in the pool.

Only back from Canada & Las Vegas, was in Las Vegas for a week & it was between 125' 135 degrees Fahrenheit, between 50,60 degrees Celsius all week fcukin boiling, but what a place it was.....

Well my bruv just came back from turkey, and has propsed to his girlfriend.

So obviously, the heat turns you into a raving lunatic.

Funny how you say that m8, me & the missus went to Canada for the cousins wedding & then left for Las Vegas to get married.....

I did the "work abroad for my beer" thing when i had just finished my apprenticeship (many moons ago) So i had done the 4 and a half years training to be a spark (freezing my nuts off as i live in scotland lol) so thought it would be good life experience if me and a few mates went out and lived down in the Costa Del Sol for a year....did just that. In the summer on my way to the bar i worked in i used to see the digital boards flashing up that it was 40-48, think 48 was the hottest i experienced in my whole year......funny enough you do end up getting used to it. You wear a floppy hat loose fitting clothes drink loads of water....much less alcohol during daylight hours. The mistake is sunbathing in them temps.....Keep moving or get into the shade. Wear the lightest clothing you own. Expose as little skin as possible and just drink drink drink.....then you'll be fine. Tell you who i used to feel sorry for - the cooks who used to work in our pup/club kitchen, not that in there was just inhumane lmao......i would never have survived in there lol, funny eough all the cooks/chef were mad as hatters....must have been the heat lol.

prob with lobbing aircon on is it feels even hotter when you waltz into the heat.

Just had a yank here for a couple of weeks and it was a relief for him to come to a cold temp country to allow him to rest from the heat

lived in dubai for 5 years

we actually went on holiday during the summer to the uk as the temps were just very uncomfortable

1. you would start to sweat within minutes and need to be constantly drinking fluids, and this still applied several years after adapting, in dubai many many people died due to the heat where it wont go below 30c for about 6 months of the year this includes nighttime

2. air con is a must wherever you go and basically it is not pleasant living in these temperatures\

3. my advice would be no if you are going on holiday in these conditions, you wont enjoy it and there is a high risk of dehydration and sun stroke

i remember when i cracked open an egg on a concrete slab and it started to fry before my eyes

it is well scary and either your in an air con room or in the swimming pool but you even still get burnt to a crisp

why do u think when u go to egypt on holiday they tell you never to go anywhere without fluids :)

Funny how you say that m8, me & the missus went to Canada for the cousins wedding & then left for Las Vegas to get married.....

Congrats mate.

Mad yes, but who cares!

Back