50 degs Centigrade - what's that like?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you will have been to these very hot countries.

What's it like in temperatures of around 40-50 degrees centigrade/celsius, how did you cope?

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
sweat like a bitch mate thats how i coped

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ice2004

Inactive User
Reaction score
only went out for very short times, and covered up with sun screen and hats etc. Drink plenty of water obviously.

Only time iv ever been in these temperatures was during a heatwave in Greece when even the locals were dying from the temperatures.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I was looking at one of those global weather reports and parts of Saudi were at 47 degrees, that's nearly half of the temperature of a pot of boiling water!

Hottest place I've ever been was Tenerife but the coastal winds made it quite bearable, at night it was a different matter, the humidity was chronic.

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
There was a heatwave when I was in Turkey a few years back and it was ok around the beach etc as there was always a nice sea breeze.

As soon as you went around the small streets inland it was feckin un-bearable. We had to stop at every drinks machine on the way back to our digs.

Having a hangover everyday didn't help : spook :

mobad

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Mate 40c to 50c are dangerous temps and thats not including the air as well which can make it worse.
For example when I went to dubai the temps were around 35c but with the air being so dense it was like 40c and thats like you step out and your body gets drained very very quickly.

Its good for loosing weight in mind you however if your body has never experienced temps of 35c+ its not worth avoiding peak times with the sun.

arbelos

Inactive User
Reaction score
kuwait sitting at 46 degress celsius just now...thats bout 115 fahrenheit...i was in greece aswell and it was just slighlty under that but we sat in the room with the air con on

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Makes me wonder how the Armed Forces are coping over in Iraq wearing all that protective clothing. Imagine it - a wee 18 year old who's only ever been to Blackpool on holiday suddenly finds himself deployed in temperatures of more than 40 degrees and he's wearing a full military outfit and carrying a heavy gun!

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I found humidity is more uncomfortable then heat.

Been in temps of 45C and basically between 11 and 3, stay indoors, drink plenty of water, stay still. I got sun stroke (dizziness, vomiting, collapsed) after only 15 minutes out in the open.

scott-ayling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Turkey last year it hit 50 one day it was far too hot could not enjoy it rather go somewhere where it sits around the high 20s

Busta_Gonad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I love the heat but went to malta a couple of years ago, and it was mid heatwave, its round about 45 degrees, it was just too hot to do anything, i sat under a pub parasol with a pint for most of the day

DOOBIE

Inactive User
Reaction score
just been to domincan republic which was 42 at hottest i stayed in the shade in the swim up bar with a nice ice vodka slushy but left the air conditioning on in the room so it was like a fridge in there when we got back 10 mins after turning it off it soon warms up again it not nice in that sort of heat with little breeze drink lots of water like others have said m8 :)

earthshayker

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know it might be hard but only drink alcohol at night when the sun goes down and keep the water levels up, try not to drink sweet drinks and eat small potions but often

J

Inactive User
Reaction score
just back from turkey on monday
which was 43 most days but hit 47 one day.
its ok if ur on the beach with a breeze but unbearable
by a pool.

aftermath

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Was in Yugoslavia , years ago, it was 127f one day and you could not even walk on the pavement with your shoes on, it was burning through my shoes.

Got sunstroke that year, and dont ever want to get it again, i was ib bed for 3 days couldnt eat or drink, and was melting.

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
First time I went to thailand it was 42 degrees. I just sat in the shade all the time, and swam as much as possible. Still passed out a few times. lol.

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was in Yugoslavia , years ago, it was 127f one day and you could not even walk on the pavement with your shoes on, it was burning through my shoes.

Got sunstroke that year, and dont ever want to get it again, i was ib bed for 3 days couldnt eat or drink, and was melting.

i bet you was sweating stella but the can :)

Brooksy

DW Member ++
Reaction score
just got back from corfu monday that was mid to high 30's .at 8.00am it was absolutely roasting .not too bad at night though really cooled down alot perfect for havin a few beers

TEST