5 Posts before being able to download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 5 Post's before being able to download

HI guys

I cannot lie. At present I do not have the necessary knowledge to contribute useful information to your forums

I have joined here because I am a newbie and I am looking for an answer to some specific problems

I have more than an average knowledge of computers but no experience with setopboxes

It seems a chicken and egg situation. The more you help me the more I can help others

Hi mate ask the questions in the relevent rooms for your specific problems and im sure you get the answers you require but if you need files or downloads you will need the 5 posts etc.

Hi. I"m new
I semi agree with the 5 post rule but it may tend to give your content more fluff and hurried posts.
I think if the coding is possible that other activities could count toward 1 of the 5 posts/activities. Or require more then 5 since there would be creative ways to get them)
*You make a post (obviously)
*You've read more then 10 articles/pages of an article (not sure if this is even logged)
*You've spent an hour on the forum (not sure if this is even logged)
*A day/week/month has passed since you originally signed up (timeframe debatable)
*You signed up with a referrer (maybe)
*You got a Thanks (maybe admin Thanks counts as two or each thanks up to a maximum counts as a post/activities)
*You have a friend (if forum has friends)
*You filled out your complete profile inc avatar

These are just suggestions and i realize perhaps a tad presumptuous as my first post ;] I do have a few years experience administering large vBulletin installs.
I have been coding PHP+ since 1998 and could perhaps assist with implementation of such features.
A bit about my purpose: I'm trying to get download privileges. I need my darn Dell unlocked and the online calculator is not working however i seen a related download ;].

Hi. I"m new
I semi agree with the 5 post rule but it may tend to give your content more fluff and hurried posts.
I think if the coding is possible that other activities could count toward 1 of the 5 posts/activities. Or require more then 5 since there would be creative ways to get them)
*You make a post (obviously)
*You've read more then 10 articles/pages of an article (not sure if this is even logged)
*You've spent an hour on the forum (not sure if this is even logged)
*A day/week/month has passed since you originally signed up (timeframe debatable)
*You signed up with a referrer (maybe)
*You got a Thanks (maybe admin Thanks counts as two or each thanks up to a maximum counts as a post/activities)
*You have a friend (if forum has friends)
*You filled out your complete profile inc avatar

These are just suggestions and i realize perhaps a tad presumptuous as my first post ;] I do have a few years experience administering large vBulletin installs.
I have been coding PHP+ since 1998 and could perhaps assist with implementation of such features.
A bit about my purpose: I'm trying to get download privileges. I need my darn Dell unlocked and the online calculator is not working however i seen a related download ;].

Four more posts like this and you are sorted mate. Several good points made and im sure will be taken on board. Can you tell me honestly. If you registered and got the file would that be it or do you think you would be back to take part in the forum?

Last edited:

I found this site by mistake whilst scanning through google, I think its a good idea to have a minimum post count before you can download, it saves people grabbing and running never to be seen again

Added in some content around "Clocking" examples.

Exactly. making newbies welcome is a good start
001_smile.gif

had the same problem early.....i was trying to download thz file. even thought i did post 5 time it still woundnt let me downloadin.so just still keep posting

You only have one post.......

I'm pretty sure you can count...or maybe not ;)

Exactly. making newbies welcome is a good start
001_smile.gif

had the same problem early.....i was trying to download thz file. even thought i did post 5 time it still woundnt let me downloadin.so just still keep posting

You need five USEFULL posts, pointless posts (made in order to gain download privileges) will be removed. .:)

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

I'm closing this thread as it doesnt serve any purpose having it open, only to attract post clockers :(

I have deleted some posts as well if this upsets you sorry ;)

Can I remind new members that "Thanks" in 5 posts dont count and will be deleted

we are not being harsh, we are just asking members to participate in the correct way

there must be something you can offer in the areas on offer here or have a question to ask :)

We think its great that we are seeing many new members joining DigitalWorldz :) but I do think we need a quick reminder for our newer members :)
the Moderators have had to delete lots of silly posts today :( we really have better things to do than chase around deleting posts

We have seen quite a steady rise in members over the last few months, between 150-250 a day but not much activity except downloading the files on here.

So we would like members to get involved and unfortunately like many other sites I feel that we need to bring in measures to deal with this issue.

So now a Member needs 5 posts before he / she can download on the forums.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS - PLEASE READ ALL
Please do not make the mistake of thinking the forum attachments and the download sections are the same... they are not!

Forum Attachments
These are the files found in members posts, after 5 post's you will be able to download them (please see timing note below).

Download Section
Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums
Before 5 posts you cannot download files, after 5 posts you may download one file a day, after 10 posts you can download 5 files per day, at 50 posts its 10 files, and so on.

Timing Note
Please note you may have reached 5 post's but cannot download still... that may because the forum has not updated it's scheduled task's, basically this can take up to an hour to process... so you may have to wait.

Exclusions
Posts which are made in the Welcome (Who Are You), Fun and Laughter and Adult rooms do not count towards your "five posts", although your actual post count displayed may be higher.

Post Clocking
Post clocking is when you post simple posts to get downloads... we are aware of this and have moderators and members online all day, they will spot this behavior and your post's will be removed. Blatant and repeated post clocking will not be tolerated and you may end up with an infraction, or temporary ban.

Example Clocking:
We realize that there are the few occasions were a member or group of members deserve to be thanked for some outstanding contribution to the forums, and we think as a team we accept this.

We would ask, and this is primarily for new members that we have "Like" (in the bottom right of every post) and "Add Reputation" (in the bottom left, and looks like a sheriff badge) for a reason. Moderators do not want to sit and remove a tirade of "Thanks", "Cheers", "Great", "Super" or any other spurious one or two word answers that will do nothing that clicking on one of the aforementioned buttons will do, especially when it appears in threads 12, 18, or 24+ months old.

As above, It's blatant clocking, and posts WILL be removed. As has also been said, you may receive an infraction or you may also receive a temporary ban.

I'm sure this will continue as (some) new members continue to completely forgo reading rules, or actually spending the time to understand how the forum works.

Thank You.

Mick

RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED:
WELCOME PM HAS BEEN UPDATED:
WELCOME EMAIL HAS BEEN UPDATED:

A 24 hours registered policy has been added.

Last edited:
Just Wanted To Bump This Thread, Post Clocking Is Becoming A Nuisance :(

It's No Fun For Admin & Moderators Having To Keep Removing Posts
Enjoy The Forum ;)

Thank You

:)

We have seen quite a steady rise in members over the last few months, between 1500-2000 a day but not much activity except downloading the files on here, and the increase in activity means higher server costs too.

New Members now needs 5 posts before he / she can download on the forums. AND 24 Hours Registered!

If you cannot wait then you can always join our Premium Members group who get a whole bunch of extra features including unlimited downloads, hidden forums, etc (click link below to see all features).

Click here for Premium Membership Info

5 Post Policy Guide:

Please do not make the mistake of thinking the forum attachments and the download sections are the same... they are not!

Forum Attachments
These are the files found in members posts, after 5 post's you will be able to download them (please see timing note below).

The Download Section
Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community
Before 5 posts you cannot download files, after 5 posts you may download one file a day, after 10 posts you can download 5 files per day, at 50 posts its 10 files, and so on.

Timing Note
Please note you may have reached 5 post's but cannot download still... You also need to be a member here for over 24 hours... This is to stop all the post clocking (useless/pointless posts) - see below for our defintion of post clocking.

Rooms Excluded From Post Count
Posts which are made in the Welcome (Who Are You), Fun and Laughter and Adult rooms do not count towards your "five posts", although your actual post count displayed may be higher.

Post Clocking
Post clocking is when you post simple posts to get downloads... we are aware of this and have moderators and members online all day, they will spot this behavior and your post's will be removed. Blatant and repeated post clocking will not be tolerated and you may end up with an infraction, or temporary ban.

Examples of Clocking

• Only replying to post "thanks". All members, not just newly registered, are asked to use the like and/or add rep functions instead. (It's unfair to expect new members to use these features when they see long standing members not use them either.)
  • Only posting "I agree" messages. Please explain why you agree, or at least expand on the position you're agreeing with.
  • Restating information already posted, especially for problems that have already been solved. The mods have seen this done both verbatim (cut + paste) and by paraphrasing.
  • Adding nothing of value to a thread and generally rambling.
  • Repeating questions answered in the room's stickies. The forum search doesn't use fuzzy logic, so the thread might not be pulled up, but most rooms have threads that have been "stuck" to the top of the first page, these often cover the most frequently asked questions and recently relevent topics.
Examples of post clocking that will earn a ban (length is at discretion of the staff member):

• Posting nonsense (i.e. just mashing the keyboard).
  • Need five posts, this is post number 1, 2, 3...
  • Spam of any kind = perm ban, no discussion.
I'm sure this will continue as (some) new members continue to completely forgo reading rules, or actually spending the time to understand how the forum works.

Thank You.

Mick

Please new members take time to read and abide
We are getting lots of useless posts lately just to get a file, please dont waste our time by making us run around deleting posts, it's no fun for the staff and it gets frustrating, not great for our members either

:)

Just enjoy the forum ;)

Thanks You

New Members now needs 5 USEFUL posts before he / she can download on the forums. AND 24 Hours Registered!

If you cannot wait then you can always join our Premium Members group who get unlimited downloads, hidden DOWNLOADS, Special Private Forums, a whole bunch of extra features to boot (click link below to see all features).

Click here for Premium Membership Info

***** NOTE: We ask for USEFUL posts because: When you post "thanks for that" or "khdfkashsfksjhdkjhf" that tells google or other search engines that the page is useless!, however when you post a well thought out reply that tells google that there is information on the site that will help another fellow internet searcher... SO we get useful content making us a better prospect for new members then YOU get, WAIT FOR IT...

**// DOWNLOADS \\**

5 Post Policy Guide:

Forum Attachments

The Download Section
Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community

Timing Note
Please note you may have reached 5 post's but cannot download still... You also need to be a member here for over 24 hours... This is to stop all the post clocking (useless/pointless posts) - see below for our defintion of post clocking.

Rooms Excluded From Post Count

Post Clocking

Examples of Clocking

• Only replying to post "thanks". All members, not just newly registered, are asked to use the like and/or add rep functions instead. (It's unfair to expect new members to use these features when they see long standing members not use them either.)
  • Only posting "I agree" messages. Please explain why you agree, or at least expand on the position you're agreeing with.
  • Restating information already posted, especially for problems that have already been solved. The mods have seen this done both verbatim (cut + paste) and by paraphrasing.
  • Adding nothing of value to a thread and generally rambling.
  • Repeating questions answered in the room's stickies. The forum search doesn't use fuzzy logic, so the thread might not be pulled up, but most rooms have threads that have been "stuck" to the top of the first page, these often cover the most frequently asked questions and recently relevent topics.
Examples of post clocking that will earn a ban (length is at discretion of the staff member):

• Posting nonsense (i.e. just mashing the keyboard).
  • Need five posts, this is post number 1, 2, 3...
  • Spam of any kind = perm ban, no discussion.

Thank You.

Mick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back