5.1 surround sound systems

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

We currently have a onyko surround sound system that we have had for nearly 8 years, its starting to go faulty so it maybe time to replace it but it looks like thing have changed over the years. Our system is a boom box with amp and digital display where you select all your preferences in the one big box and there are 5 speakers one bigger central speake and 4 smaller speakers. We are struggling to find a similar set up now as they all seem to either have sound bar and av boxs. We dont want to spend a hugh amount but i thought i could get something similar to what we have for £250 ish. Our current system is onyko htx 22 hdx. Anything similar out there?

Nice amp but heard a few bad stories of warranty with currys

I have the yamaha which is pretty old been thinking of upgrading it as the new ones have the hdmi ports not the avi, loads out there to choose from :)

My only one bought is when i checked out its rear,what a lovely ass ya got tx-sr805 and where to stick it.:p:p:p:)

I might have to send if off for repair I have been in touch onyko and my guess its a hdmi driver board. Looking on the net there where issues with these and they where repairing them under extended warranty. The problem is I don't want another box under the tv. The one i have now is a base box and amp all in one. I use it with arc where hdmi one from the sony tv feeds back to the amp. I cannot seem to find a similar product. I may go out today to richer sounds or currys or something and have a look around.

I bought this a few years back and love it:

http://amzn.eu/d/8DYKAta

(edit does not have hdmi ports :-( )

You can get it cheaper than whats posted.

My next system will be a Dolby Atmos system or a soundbar!

Last edited:
Snap i bought the same one for pc but not worked out,now using it on my vu solo2 with a wooden floor,awesome bit of kit,nice to have a few spdif inputs.

After putting all the christmas lights up outside today i managed to escape and headed off the currys. As i thought things have moved on now and everything is soundbars and woofers. Got a sales guys showing me a lg sk4d sound bar and wireless boom box, £130.00 said is was best value and was left over stock from black friday. Decided not buy and came home to read up on them. Seems there that price everywhere.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I bought that many years ago and did not get the enjoyment it offered and moved it upstairs to my bedroom where it rocks and also bought the matching sub to go with it.
You cant get better than a proper setup around the room with high powered sound.

Back