5.1 sound - gigabyte - only 2 speakers working

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps,

Used to have the back and the front speakers working and now after a fresh format i can only get the music to play from the front ones and it used to play from them all.

have it set up where all the jack plugs on the back are plugged into the amp, creative labs 5.1 surround system, so for example the Mic in is acting as the rear speakers for example.

as for the settings under it, it states that they are all set up OK, see screen shot.

51.jpg

Now if i double click the little speaker near the clock then it shows me that all the controls for front, back etc are all grayed out....

any ideas.

all drivers and that are installed and working.

Last edited:
if your connectors are in correctly, and gigabyte thing senses the diffrent lines out it should work. try looking at audio settings in control panel, make sure no channels are muted. the pink one is normally mic? how many connector holes are there?

there's the normal 3 on the back of the pc and there being used as above, so mic is kinda line out for the front speakers etc etc... weir if i try the demo included in that above test i hear it from all the speakers, it's a bee flying around the room.....

it's sorted now, would seem that it's what i'm actually using to listen with has the outcome one what uses 5.1

real player/winamp.

Back