Guides and Info 4x xvid 2 1 dvd

johnny5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

i wanting to convert 4 xvids into vob files then put them onto 1 dvd-r with a menu that seperates the programs?

any good idiot guides for me please

regards johnny5

get goldwave even the demo will do
load each avi into it one at a time and click file save wav
number the wav's 1-4
get tmpegenc
use the wizard and select dvdpal
load one avi
change the audio to wav 1 for xvid 1
on second screen click settings
click advanced tab
change video arrange method to full screen keep aspect ratio
next screen drop the bitrate to about 2000 perfectly good enough for tv viewing
click batch encode
do this with all 4 on the last one click encode now
roughly 4 hours later you will have 4 dvd format mp2 and d2v files
get tmpeg dvd author
load first d2v file (audio loads automatically) here you can add frames as chapters for each film
click on right hand column to add new file
do same with chapters
carry on till all 4 added
menu section is fairly self explanitory
you can add pictures as backgrounds for menu's or use the pre done ones in tmpeg
you will see a first menu with 4 "scenes" these are your 4 files
next pages are scene selections within each of the 4 files
you can click on the text on each menu page and change wording colour font etc
menu buttons are small 10 secong sections of the movie which play on your dvd while on menu page (you can change the timing length etc in settings)
you can also add a music file to the munu's
click go
30mins later depending on pc spec you have a video_ts and audio_ts folder that can be burned in nero
if at the last stage of tmpeg dvdauthor you get an oversize warning just ignore it and use dvdshring afterwards to shrink to 4.3 gb (always over shrink menu's and let the movie section auto shrink to get the best quality for the film

maybe not a complete guide but anyone thats on here should be able to work out the finer points

i just noticed a tmpeg dvdauthor tut further down sorry use that maybe after you got all the mp2 and d2v files

Personal suggestion would be to get a DivX DVD player (cheap nowadays) then you will get 6 films on a DVD-R saving hell of a lot of time and no loss of quality. I bought one for the sole purpose of this, got peed off converting to SVCD - DVD all the time.

I did exactly the same when i got cheesed off converting file, i bought a T*shiba sd330e which is linked upto my surround sound system. I can get 3 bollywood movies on dvd-r. Nowadays xvids and divxs come in dolby digital 5.1 surround sound too. These players cost next to nothinmg these days

best divx player

you can get an xbox inc chip for about 80 quid ,install xbmc on it and youve got a machine that will play just about every movie format around,and you can use it for games :Mad2: :Mad2: :Mad2: :Mad2:

Back