46DG to 47?

Moorie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking if i hook up my new drive - rev 47?? with my 360USB and get it in mode B, i can then get the firmware/key with toolbox v3 and then click 'flash keys' and 'flash string ID (spoof data)' to make the drive believe its a 46DG with my key..?

would i still have to encrypt it?

just not 100% if you get me lol

thanks

Moorie

Yes you would have to encrypt it still or you will brick the drive

I am very interested in this as when I have had to Spoof a Hitachi drive
I would have to flash it with Gary Opi v2.3 so I had a DONE fw file
then open this in fWtoolbox and spoof it to the drive I want it to be
ie:46DG then encrypt it , then I would would remove the tsop and flash the encrypted fw to the Tsop with my progammer and resolder the tsop
this works 100% for me and do it this way as I dont know what commands you would use to flash the the hitachi drive other the the ones I use in Gary opa v2.3

Last edited:
u just flash it with firmware toolbox

full flash or somthin

but i know u can do it

i did 1 but took me ages to figure out how to sppof the 47 to look like 78

and its working

at the moment

lol

Just been looking here at this PDF guide...
http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/get=67/mirror=138.html

id have thought once it had been encrypted you could just click 'dfferential patch' and it will detect the differences between the hacked firmware and the drive firmware and then it will patch it to the modified firmware, and then thats it? wouldnt have thought it necessary to have to remove TSOP?

any help appreciated before i go attempt it lol...

well its a 47DH... just got it and checked it over, at least i have a drive that now ejects!!

What ill do is this.

Direct dump - firmware
replace key with my original drive key
spoof drive revision
encrypt firmware

flash as differential patch..

sound right?

Well done m8, The only way I could do them was the way I had said, I asked about flashing other drives apart from the 78k with fwtoolbox on this and other forums but did not seem to get any answers
It just seemed a easy way with the programmer for me to do them

Looks like your right xbc...tried to first of all use garyOpa 2.3 rev 2 so i had all the bin files. then opened the hacked firmware, changed key, spoofed and encrypted it but... come to flashing it back in toolbox and it just causes the program to stop responding.

reverted firmware back to standard then...

tried doing it the other way round by inserting key, spoof and encrypting first but same results...

looks like ill have to follow the pdf guide and see how i get on :S

bugger...lol

There has got to be a way of flashing it using the correct commands like you say it may be in that pdf file and this is where I got stuck as I could find no commands for flashing the drive.,
it easy to make up the spoofed encrypted fw to flash over but I was stuck then apart from using a programmer

I have been reading through and checking forums and found this
hXXp://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=590623&st=0

read Lice_01 post
hopefully it will sort you

Replace the XX with tt

i keep trying the flash keys and spoof but toolbox just doesnt respond everytime i try... :( this 360 has been a nightmare from start lol

Replace the XX with tt???

Replace the XX with tt??? = http was not sure if this forum allowed direct links to other forums

can you connect you sata lead direct to MB or PCI without the usb360 connector and give that a try

Back