4100 problems

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
i found an old sb4100 that someone had given me. i just got my eurovox up and running...... so i thought i would give the modem cloning ago.

here is my problem

i followed the instructions in tut in the download section

everything went fine until i got to the part of entering the ip adress/hack.html

when i put the link into my browser...... i just get an error saying file not found on this server. anybody got any idea what im doing wrong???????????

:Cheers:

did you get 192.168.100.1 ok, did the modem reboot after you upoaded the vxworks file?

g3o said:
did you get 192.168.100.1 ok, did the modem reboot after you upoaded the vxworks file?
not sure if it had fully rebooted......... it said something like ftp connection ok

then i tried to enter the page to alter the firmware......... but i got the error when i tried that

the vxworks file only gives u 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html

can someone alter the tut to point this out as it dont give u the hack page until
u use the 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html page to upload and flash the hackware firmware to the modem

This is why so many people r having problems with the tutorial

could u explain this a bit more

i tried the hack one

but did not work

what are u saying i should do instead???????

cashmere said:
the vxworks file only gives u 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html

can someone alter the tut to point this out as it dont give u the hack page until
u use the 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html page to upload and flash the hackware firmware to the modem

This is why so many people r having problems with the tutorial

The tcniso.html page is only with sigma, every vxworks.st that I've seen is hackware, that does give you the hack tab.

lincsat said:
The tcniso.html page is only with sigma, every vxworks.st that I've seen is hackware, that does give you the hack tab.

im even more confused now:grayno:

I used specys tut that i assumed was still being used,anyways it mentioned the hack page which never did show when using 192.168.100.1/hack

anyways i typed 192.168.100.1/tcniso.htm and up came the tcniso page

next thing i did was close netboot down and i got a small proggy called tfpd

ran it and set it up to where my nosh.bin(hackware) was being stored(folder)

took a note of the ip it showed and entered this into tcniso page as my tftp server and also the full name of the firmware....hit download tab and waited

modem rebooted after it flashed and i was then able to get the 2 extra tabs
using 192.168.100.1/hack

thanks mate

i will give this a try over the weekend

i will post if i get any other problems

OK, heres's how I do it.

set your NIC to 192.168.100.10, netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.100.1
and turn off all firewalls. Run SBrider-netboot, make sure reset modem, enable FTP and Auto IP are all checked and that the correct NIC adaptor and FTP root path is selected. Click boot over network.

It takes a few minutes, when it's done and FTP client disconnected, reset the NIC to auto and do NOT reboot modem. Open Internet Explorer and goto 192.168.100.1 you then get the modem config screen with a hack and sniffer tab, click on hack and upload the permanent firmware from there.

I've done 7 or 8 of these for friends and have never had a 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html page at this stage, there's always been the /hack tab you get on hackware.

there are both available, tcniso and hackware vxworks for 4x, obviously you are using diff ones, try both 192.168.100.1/hack.html and if it not workin try 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html

g3o said:
there are both available, tcniso and hackware vxworks for 4x, obviously you are using diff ones, try both 192.168.100.1/hack.html and if it not workin try 192.168.100.1/tcniso.html

i have tried both of these......... and neither seem to work

i can access the modem with just using 192.168.100.1......... but not with /hack.html or /tcniso.html at the end.......... just keep getting file not found

with just using the ip address i dont get the hack tab

i am using the vxworks.st file that is included with the tut in the downloads section......... so i dont know what the problem is

Try using 192.168.100.1:1337 and see if that gives you anything.

Think that's just for sigma though......

the log page i can access has a few errors on it...... one of the errors says:-

unit update- unit not updating- this image is not for this platform

anybody any ideas........ this has got me stumped

It's possible that the firmware is locked to prevent upgrade in which case you need to use a RS232 to force the upgrade.

what do i do with the rs323 cable........... there isnt anywhere on the modem that this will plug in too???

ok

managed to sort this out without using the rst232

i think my mcafee internetsecurity was interferring with this...... i thought i had disabled this each time but i hadnt
i was just shutting down mcafee security centre......... and it still wouldnt let me update the modem

but when i went into security centre i had and disabled each seperate component of it ........ then shut down security centre(if u use mcafee u will not what i mean)

it seemed to work

i only found this out because i before netboot would only get as far as starting ftp server(ok)

as was unaware that it went any further...... as after this the modem would reboot and netboot wouldnt go on any further ...... so i thought it was finished

but i was reading the 4200tut in the downloads section which has a picture showing net boot loading vxworks file......... so i managed to sort it out in the end

just need to get myself a mac now.........

only found a light mac while sniffing so far

lets hope a 10mb one comes on

btw........ i hope all of that makes some sense........ i have had a little too much to drink tonight

You only need a light mac - but from another UBR, you can then force the 10meg config.

Back