4010 problem any advice?

Delbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a 4010 thats playing up, it was working ok but on reboot all i get is either mumble jumble LED display messages or it stays on NIT which i know its trying to find network.

the area settings are ok on Eng menu and i puylled red jumper however on page 5 of settings its saying;

Signal Quality - No Service
Network info - awaiting NIT
smartcard status - no T stream

My own box is working ok off feed so it cant be that, any advice?

Thanks in advance

If it's showing dashes in LED sounds like atties need reflowing? To check apply a bit of pressure to either side of the atmel legs down onto the board whilst feed on and plugged in(be careful tho). I cut a strip off a hit rom card about the width of the atmel to use to push down. If it comes out that's your problem. That's all I can think of if everything's OK in E/M

were are that atmels mate and to reflo them they just need pushed down is that right?

im now getting error 11 and 12 in between the NIT sign

would the reflow of atties problem make the box work for a little while and then revert back to there being a problem ie channel 0 no channels available?, im getting either that or nit all the time

were are that atmels mate and to reflo them they just need pushed down is that right?

im now getting error 11 and 12 in between the NIT sign

The Atmel is the single chip near front of box-i'll try and find a pic. Anyway don't worry to much about that yet as it's gone past that stage if you're getting err11 + 12. Have you pulled red jumper again and started afresh?Try that, set your Freq and re-boot. It should find your NetID automatically if you're in NTL.Have a look in E/M and see if it does pick up after you reset box(Check you reset box when you pull red jumper as well-NetID should be *****)Leave in Stream for 5mins and see if it takes-it should scroll through numbers on LED whilst taking update.

Er11_ Unable to Tune to Home Frequency
Er12_ Unable to Tune to any of the last NIT defined frequencies

would the reflow of atties problem make the box work for a little while and then revert back to there being a problem ie channel 0 no channels available?, im getting either that or nit all the time

Yes it can-there might be just 1 leg that's not quite making contact causing it. A reflow should sort. Make sure the box is holding the freq as well as i've had a battery go on one of these before which reverts box back to default every time its unplugged.

sorted mate pulled red jumper again and it was ok. thid is a prtoblem tho as its my mates box and he says it just goes on him all the time ie going back to the mumble jumble led display and there being no output, im going to leave it in stream here in my house and see what happens, i think your original diagnosis might still be the problem so any help appreciated.

Glad you're sorted. I would say your mates could be the atmel that needs reflowing-worth doing as these are a pretty robust box.At least you can reset these boxes easily and start fresh.

maybe spoke to soon got frezing picture then now blank screens, is any one else of im in glasgow pure nt* now i dunno if its this effin box or the cards are down lol !

hey mate i have chanels but the stuttering is extremely bad is this related to the atmels ???

in fact the picture is unwatchable and is making the channels disapear (blank screen) when i turn them over at times

Hi mate-noticed a couple of posts on this page regarding Scotland having probs-could be down to that. Sounds like your signal is varying as this normally causes stuttering. Check your cable connection into box and from wall as these can come loose. Shouldn't have anything to do with atmels-sounds like a signal prob

Back