4010 box query....

Billyie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys....sorry to annoy ya all..but got this damn 4010 box that works in my house...with the correct freq..then goes off and sets its own netid and loads all the channels..and this box works....
But when i bring it round to my friends house...6 miles away...wont work....
Did sneak into his own subbed cable box..knowing that it wil be recorded..but any way..found that the freq was different...great....... Thought we had it.....pulled jumper and battery for 10 mins...then set new freq.....pressed services buton to make it auto upgrade,,,nothing....so am stuck...
Went home with box..tried it in my house again...rest freq.....pressed sevices..and away it went to rest itself.....all working ....
So can you put ya finger on anything...???
The only differance is that i am in a NTL cable area...he is in an NTL MMDS area...meaning multi media distribution services,,,,,(where he gets a mini mesh Aerial in his back garden..and the cable comes from that into the house..It ends up as a co-ax signal anyway.....with an F-Plug on the end...)
Any help greatly appreciated..maybe im missing something n the settings of this box....or not letting it reset with red jumper and battery out for long enough...? Billyie

Billyie said:
So can you put ya finger on anything...???
The only differance is that i am in a NTL cable area...he is in an NTL MMDS area...meaning multi media distribution services,,,,,(where he gets a mini mesh Aerial in his back garden..and the cable comes from that into the house..It ends up as a co-ax signal anyway.....with an F-Plug on the end...)
Any help greatly appreciated..maybe im missing something n the settings of this box....or not letting it reset with red jumper and battery out for long enough...? Billyie
look like you answerd the question your self your m8 needs a dish and down your house you dont so i dont think it will work total different system i think

Back