4001 help

2tone

DW Member ++
Reaction score
when do the mod on a 4001 i lost one of the small points i was to soilder to its the point for boxes with a PACE chip fitted next to the card reader is it gone or is there another point i can go to

You need to link these two points.Scrape away the solder resist from the two holes and solder a very thin piece of wire down the holes.....

thanks for the help there done the trick

can u help please

just been reading this thread and i messed up my first box and i mean messed up its now stuck one PACE and i think i know why , when i was taking off the wires after led simming it i pulled two of the wires and took of the little soldered circle
clip_image001.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

Could some one please advice if there is any chance of bringing this box back to life please thanks

See post 2 above for fixing the bottom one.... On the top one, so long as the track from the little circle with a hole in it just above the 221 resistor is intact, it will be ok . IE you must have a connection from the top of the 221 resistor to the little hole. Same for the blue dot on the right.You can safely lift the two blue pads in the top pic. lifting the yellow pad is bad news- it wil give 8888 and has to be fixed.

cheers mate will give it ago later i will let u know how i get on

I am getting 8888 having read bk on 4001 with led sim.
box worked for a few hours! What should I check/how can I fix it.

Yellow pad ? I cant see anything yellow.

Pic of area to check/fix if poss.....
Thanx in advance.

Anyone please.

Back