4000n or 4010 ntl to tw

BERTY

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For anyone that is interested, i have just changed a 4000n and a 4010 from ntl to tw, first you need to have a 4000t, i borrowed mates one, set net id and freq then remove the sam/tosh chip u5602 and replace it with one from your 4000n or 4010, (set net id and freq before you remove chip from nthell box) then put the 4000t box back on stream, the box will say that is updating.
Once it has finished updating take chip back out and put it back into the 4000n or 4010 and boot up and check, should now boot up withtw broadband on screen.
I have done 2 boxes like this and it worked perfect for me so hope it works for any one else who is stuck with these boxes

BERTY said:
For anyone that is interested, i have just changed a 4000n and a 4010 from ntl to tw, first you need to have a 4000t, i borrowed mates one, set net id and freq then remove the sam/tosh chip u5602 and replace it with one from your 4000n or 4010, (set net id and freq before you remove chip from nthell box) then put the 4000t box back on stream, the box will say that is updating.
Once it has finished updating take chip back out and put it back into the 4000n or 4010 and boot up and check, should now boot up withtw broadband on screen.
I have done 2 boxes like this and it worked perfect for me so hope it works for any one else who is stuck with these boxes

So you set th net id on 4000t > set net id on the 4000n > remove the sam/tosh chip (how do you remove this??) > put the chip into the 4000t ? > put back into the 4000n > put this back online??

k-net2020 said:
So you set th net id on 4000t > set net id on the 4000n > remove the sam/tosh chip (how do you remove this??) > put the chip into the 4000t ? > put back into the 4000n > put this back online??

berty's box had a reva1 mainboard with the 1.9 loader m8, {completely diffrent situation than yours}---------you would have to transplant the st micro {atmel} and the sam/tosh chip into a 4000t to update-----------------------its easy enough doing the sam/tosh, "but you would need the skill to transplant the st micro"-------------the 2.5 loader on tw will force the box to loop all the time, {so it would be pointless just upgradeing the sam/tosh

Hi
need some help for the following, please
Got a 4010N box which which I want to use in CW.
Will I have to switch the sam/tosh chip u5602 on a 4000 for it to work or do I have to switch the st micro {atmel} also.
Thanks
Kako

4010 u506 chip removal

BERTY said:
Hi all,
Im in a telepest area and have a 4010 ntl box which ive had for some time. I see a few people have converted these boxes to run on tw. I have also a 4000 tw box. I wish to convert the 4010 to work on tw, is it just the u506 chip which needs to be removed and put in the 4000 tw box? Also can it be a case of just swapping chips over and leaving in there new homes or do they have to be put back in there original boxes? Sorry if im sounding a bit thick but all this is new to me but i am slowly learning! Just one more thing can the 4010 box net id be set up using the funcard method or is that just for the 4000 box?
Kind regards, gadgets:Cheers:

Back