4000n on CR1-will it update?

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a 4000n which is on CR1 in E/M. If I set this up will it update to a later revision? I'm in TW so can't do it here but know someone in NTL who I could give it to to do.

Edit: Meant to ask if this box will work in Pure NTL as well?

Last edited:
Should be able to update itself I think, just pull the red jumper then when its connected to pure ntl feed it should set netid automatically and take the update dont forget to set the correct frequency for the area.

Thanks for reply mate-I'll give it to him and let him do it.

4000n still on cr1, {sounds like this box has got the noupdate mod done m8}

it wont update unless you reverse it

Cheers Benny-where would this no-update mod be if it was done?Had a look at the board and no wires to atmels like i've seen in other models.

Cheers Benny-where would this no-update mod be if it was done?Had a look at the board and no wires to atmels like i've seen in other models.

4000 model has a resister and a cap removed from the mainboard m8, {there should be a pic on here somewere}

I started another thread yesterday asking if anyone knew what the No-update Mod is for a 4000-N so between the two threads it looks as if we have got it sorted. What I may do is remove the capacitor and resistor, and mount replacements of a small piece of circuit board with a couple of links. That way the firmware update can be enabled/disabled at will.

Steve

Back