4000n cr1 > 4000n CR4 HELP

k-net2020

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
As DW members have helped me in the past I'm wondering if you can help again, currently need to 4000n to TW I was wondering if you are able to advise/help me as I have 2x 4000n dead at the moment. I have access to ex c&w feed and tw but seem to believe that the (reva 2.5) board wont accept an ex c&w feed.

Forgive the direct approach but I've been going mad trying to sort it out after the TP rollout and the wife/mother in law are doin me ed in.

I understand I need a TW dump & a Willem seen on eBay for around £35) but thats sort of where I'm now stuck. I am able to prog the cards etc and change netids using fc method but getting into the box is a little bit of a new step.

Also would the a/u mod mean you cannot do the 'force update' as I never get ok when holding in standby...

ANY help or advice you could give me would be VERY apreciated.

hi mate
you need to reflash the chips not sure weather just the atties will do there maybee a tosh chip to flash too
not sure if the willem is up to the job
youll allso need a reflow work station (hot air) to remove and replace
all this will cost probably £160
aoyue 908 and labtool 48 then you need tsop48 adapter £25
then delivery about thirty quid
if you dont fancy a challenge then it might be cheaper gettin new boxes
regards
pm me if you need any details

Im pretty sure that if you reverse the no-update mod on this box (by replacing the missing components) then take the box to an excw area and force an update to cr3.2 you can then bring the box back to telewest and force an update to cr4 the box will work again.

Please note that this only works on the 4000n and not the other models

edcase

I have a 4000n which is on 3_2. But i was unable to get it to work in the edinburgh area?

I have double checked the settings.. and all seem fine?
The box boots up and then just goes to a blank screen?

edcase said:
Im pretty sure that if you reverse the no-update mod on this box (by replacing the missing components) then take the box to an excw area and force an update to cr3.2 you can then bring the box back to telewest and force an update to cr4 the box will work again.
edcase

it wont work on 4000ns with the reva2 mainboard and the 2.5 loader m8, {he needs to flash the st micro and sam/tosh}

if the box's were booting on the 1.9 loader {he may have got away with just doing the sam/tosh}

reva1 boards with the 1.9 loader may work like you say m8 {never tried it on 3.2}

edcase said:
edcase

YOU WILL HAVE TO REVERSE THE NO UPDATE MOD ON THIS BOX....
ALSO YOU WILL HAVE TO REFLASH THE SAMS/TOS CHIP WITH A TELEWEST FLASH FOR IT TO WORK THIS IS THE ONLY WAY

EXCW 3.2 IS VX WORKS SOFTWARE AND IT DOSENT EXIST ON TELEWEST

IF YOU TAKE IT TO EXCW AND LET IT UPDATE TO CR3.2 THEN PUT IT ON T/W IT WILL LOOP

red quite a few posts about people successfully updating there 4000ns to twcr4 from cr3.2, {but these boxs had the reva1 mainboards with the 1.9 loader}

- 4000N RevA1 Loader v1.9 - {should upgrade to twcr4 from cr3.2, "or update the sam/tosh chip in a 4000t"}

- 4000N RevA1 Loader v2.5 - {should work on tw after flashing the st micro and sam/tosh chips, "or update them in a 4000t}

- 4000N RevA2 Loader v2.5 - {should work on tw after flashing the st micro and sam/tosh chips, "or update them in a 4000t"}

- 4000N RevA2 Loader v2.5 - {should work on tw after flashing the st micro and sam/tosh chips, "or update them in a 4000t"} + has an extra component near the smartcard reader

- 4000N RevA2 Loader v2.5 - wont work on tw at all even when reflashed. Also has extra component near smartcard reader

Box 1 Me Nil

hi,
Well guys thanks for all the help, I think it's finally got to the point where it's astalavista....

Think it was Jimmyq who said "enjoy it while it lasts"

I did and have but it's time to finally admit defeat as the effort does not seem worth it now.

My wife has already had a dickie about about the Rickie Hatton Fight. So if you see me walking down the street with a few bruises you'll know why.

Thanks once again to all those fantastic DW users who shared thier knowledge, I have learnt so much in this board & hope to learn more in my next endevour :)

hey

i have a DI4000N with loader v1.9, its a NTL box in TW area and it has CR1 at the moment,and everything has gone blank like everyone else, i was just wondering how do i check if its Rev a1 or Rev a2, as i wanted to remove the no update mod and take it to a excw area to update it

regards

Last edited:
Back