40001 box with just standby lite?

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
4001 box with just standby lite?

Hi

Any one came across a fault on the 4001 with the standby light just lite when doing a fast boot, its just stuck in tune otherways. When i push standby the remote light on the box lights and gos out again leaving the standby still on and it just stays like that. . Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:
could be a weak signal , try a direct feed to the box no splitters attached , may be stuck on the vm powering up screen

ok thanks dave ill take it down stairs and try it, dont think it will work tho, ill let yous know. Thanks

no bettter still the same, also swapped cim unit, yea it is stuck on vm powering up screen, signal good in em menu, ant ideas anyone??

Last edited:
don't knbow if this will help ya or not....attached document from TBC.......other than that i have a friend in ireland with same box, they left it off for about 24hrs and wollah it booted it up......it is a common fault with 4001 apparently.....hope this helps

oh hang on, it's in word format and won't upload it....lol

ok, i'll have to post it in rar format...lol

Last edited:
u could remove red jumper and replace, do a funcard for net id, set freq. and goto net id page insert funcard then put cable feed in should then reboot and set net id and should then come back on, i had same prob.withh a friends box and done this and it worked,though not guarenteed, no harm in trying it

Thanks Tina seen this great tut ages ago, was hoping it was something not as fatal lol, ill have a bash at it. Im in pure and Freq is fine, ill follow the tut. Cheers

ure net id and freq mybe fine but i think ure nvram chip maybe corrupt , thats why u have to reset the box ie remove jumper

Thanks Tina seen this great tut ages ago, was hoping it was something not as fatal lol, ill have a bash at it. Im in pure and Freq is fine, ill follow the tut. Cheers

Back