4 chip simm for 1000 pace

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody have one i could buy off ov them-ive goosed mine resoldering the atmels on after fixing the no update mod-bent one of the legs under and i cant relift the attys to retrieve it

If your in an ex-C&W area mate and you can program the attys then just put a Wembley dump on the onboard attys and use a 2 chip sim if you can't get hold of a 4 chip sim ok.
Clive.

why cant ya relift it like m8
shouldnt be a problem less ya aint got the equipment
and ya could probs bend the leg back if ya do it realy slow

i tried to desolder the chip back off and snapped 2/3 ov the bleeding legs off
clive 58 ive tried a 2 chip simm but the box is trying to update so i cant do the wembly thing cos libby wont communicate with it

No mate you put a Wembly dump on the chips with your chip proggy not libby
I assumed you had this equipment otherwise why were you removing the chips?
Clive.

nah i aint got chip progger will any do can i get one at maplins ,i wasnt intending to remove the atmel just relift to bend a leg strait and fooked the thing alltogether

That might be the cheaper way as long as the legs aint broken off lol.
can you solder them back ok? its a bit tricky.
Clive.

yeah clive soldering ons not a problem its the removing part i have trouble with

might be easy if ya just ask aboot m8 see if anyones has a 1000t out the peeps ya kna and stick it in do do th update then put in a 2 chip sim after its done
to remove chips cheaply got to jabs and get some quik chip m8
its a sorted of gel ya put on the the legs then using the solder supllied with it just cover the legs
then when its done the solder stays soft for about 10 secs so ya can safely remove any smd

You cant run the box if you update it to CR3/CR4 then replace it with a 2chip sim.
After updating the box will need the 4chip sim to run.
Clive.

why don't you just put another chip on with no broken legs. i could send you one if you like.
i don't think it has to be blank < i would have thought the box would erase the chip anyway.

if you don't have a rework station the lift the chip get yaself to maplins and buy a gas soldering iron. just very carefully fleck of the legs while applying a slight lift to the chip with a good sized pair of tweezers. you'll find it comes of very very easily.(use a flux pen from maplins)
of course you can refit it the same way but personally i always refit atty's with my faithful soldering iron. comes from my time messing with ps2's LOL
if you need some atty's give me a shout i'll post you some. (recovered but free)

thanks mr beercans thats much appreciated i just need one n jabs is shut for hols

violentj said:
thanks mr beercans thats much appreciated i just need one n jabs is shut for hols

pm me your postal info and i'll get a pair of to you!

clive soldering ons not a problem its the removing part i have trouble with

Back