YMAC730

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Lads

Hoping somebody can help me

I plan to try and get the footie on viasat on 4.8e next season

I currently have a 80cm dish and can lock 392 channels but no hd channels

I believe the other channels are on the nordic beam

I have a gilbertini 1m dish to hand (just never got round to putting it up as 80cm has being doing a fine job so far!)

I live in the midlands would the 1m dish have achance of picking up the nordic beam 0n 4.8e or will am i wishful thinking

anyone else gettin the nordic beam in the midland area?

Cheers lads

Not to sound dumb mate, as im in the same area with an 85cm dish and can lock on all the sd channels but havent tried on my hd box yet.

What box is it you have as the hd channels are likely to be dvb-s2 format

Cheers

iv got a tm6900 super - it receives hd no probs

gotta feeling that if the are showing 3pms on saturdays they will only be showing one or two on the euro beam the rest will be on the nordic beam (hopefully not but its sods law!)

could do with premier league broadcasts for teams other than the top 6 teams and viasat and tring seem to be the best solutions

See thats weird as ive just been having a mess about and I get all the viasat golf tv1000 nordic etc fine in brum and I believe thats on the nordic beam.

Quote from digitalsales says

We will broadcast all 380 matches in our pay-TV channels, primarily Viasat Football and Viasat Sport but also Viasat Sport HD. We will also develop monitoring of the Premier League through a new channel in HD quality that focuses solely on the Premier League - Premier League Viasat HD. This channel will provide live coverage of Premier League matches, daily news programming, documentaries and classic great games of yesteryear. Due to the large number of contemporary games, some live to be in our Viasat Extra-channels, which are available only on Viasat's satellite platform ..

And I can get all the viasat extra channels too, well signal! Cant descramble them at the moment ;)

I cant get golf channel so signal must be low for the nordic but there is hope!

I can get viasat sport, viasat fotball and viasat xtra 1-6 hopefully this might be enough

can you get transponder 12399v? as this seems to be the hd transponder

Im going to to give the 1m dish a try as i have read somewhere that somebody has got nordic beam in manchester with 1m - it will be worth it if it works

just checked again and have no signal now for most of the channels i had earlier - signal must drop off on late evening

Im going to persue the 1m option and hope for the best

I cant get golf channel so signal must be low for the nordic but there is hope!

I can get viasat sport, viasat fotball and viasat xtra 1-6 hopefully this might be enough

can you get transponder 12399v? as this seems to be the hd transponder

Im going to to give the 1m dish a try as i have read somewhere that somebody has got nordic beam in manchester with 1m - it will be worth it if it works

i get the nordic beam and the channels you are refereing to with a 1.1 meter dish in bolton but i do lose the signal from the nordic beam in heavy rain. regards mdt

cheers for the reply lads

freq I seem to be able to receive are 11861v and11746v with a signal of 44% (just just enough to lock) these are the football and extra 1-6 which are the channels the premership matches should be on (i think)

So am i right in thinking then that a bigger dish should at least give me a better signal for the channels i can currently scan and then just hope for a signal from 12399v and of course hope it doesnt rain!

Cheers

Here's a copy n paste of stream info I'm sure this is the Nordic beam one, pretty good signal from Birmingham on 85cm technomate dish with birdshit on lol

Stream Information
Service Name Viasat Motor
Service Provider unknown
Service Reference 1:0:1:d66:15:56:320000:0:0:0:
VPID 0d67h (3431d)
APID 0d68h (3432d)
PCRPID 0d67h (3431d)
TPID ffffffffh (-1d)
TSID 0015h
ONID 0056h
SID 0d66h
PMT 0d66h
Video Format 720x576 16:9 25 fps
Namespace 320000h
Supported Crypto Systems 4a70h Dream Multimedia TV (DreamCrypt)
Used Crypto Systems 090fh: Videoguard (News Datacom), 093eh: Videoguard (News Datacom)
Satellite Astra/Sirius (5.0E)
Frequency 11861 MHz
Symbol Rate 27500 KSymbols/s
Polarisation Vertical
Inversion No
FEC 3/4
SNR 86%
AGC 90%
BER 0
Lock Yes
Sync Yes

with a little bit of tweaking the dish in motor settings i can now get 549 channels with approx 30 odd viasat channels (some duplicated by the looks) but include hockey, motor, golf and two vasat sport hd channels with the lowest at 60% strength

cheers:

Hi guys so from a CS point of view it will be Viasat Nordic and not Viasat Baltic showing the footie next season?

from what i can make out mate games will be split between the two beams but with more games and the hd service on the nordic, I personally think (its only opinion mind) that upto two games will be on euro beam (as was canal + on thor 1.0w) and the rest on nordic beam

just checking - how many beams are there? - i thought there was two

Last edited:
Just a litte more info for you re: premier league 10/11

Quote:

MTG also announced at the beginning of June that Viasat Broadcasting had signed an agreement with Norwegian broadcasting group TV 2 AS to distribute TV 2’s three Premier League channels – TV 2 Premier League HD, TV 2 Premier League HD 2 and TV 2 Premier League HD 3 – on its Norwegian satellite pay-TV platform for the next three seasons. MTG already had the broadcasting rights to the Barclays Premier League in Bulgaria for the next three seasons.

Looks like they will be showing more of the HD games as they have two more HD services compared to Viasat on 5.0e

TV2 is on Thor 6 - Beam K1 and K2 - I can currently lock TV2 HD and presume (more hope!) Premier League HD1,2,3 will be accessible

would have thought so as there is viasat sport, football plus the 6 extra channels and there should be a premier league channel that should be more than enough for the 6 or so 3pm kick offs without using the hd channels, i think the hd channels will just be a nice bonus!

In the current shit weather the hd channels seem to be dropping 10-20% (as to be expected) just hope it doesnt happen too often at 3pm on saturdays in four weeks time

nova sports still got few years left with prem 3pm footy rights
i watched all my 3pm footy on there last season didnt miss a single stoke match
btw im getting 519 channals on that bird im getting viasat sports hd tv2 sports hd theres some good stuff on this bird

Last edited:
Indeed its just a bumma that the hd channels are paired with the official receiver so we cant decrypt them in cccam :(

They can do that?

Thats pissed on my bonfire then was looking forwarded to wolves weekly in hd!

Nova is good but being a wolves fan I missed around 10 games because no network was showing them (probably something to do with playing 9 defenders in the first team! not exactly entertaining at times lol)

It will be different this season tho - full of optimisum!

Back