3d tv?

sajon44

Inactive User
Reaction score
my dad of all people said to me yesterday " suppose you'll be buying a 3d tv next" wot?! where have i been is this true?or is the old fellas grey matter faulting lol

This was on the news last year they have already started on them and you will be able to buy them within 3 years, probably only 2 years left now.

Then again, John Logie Baird filed a patent over seventy five years ago:

Three dimensional displays

Early in 1931, Baird filed a British patent (No.373,196) on a method of imaging three-dimensional television. This was a departure from the usual technique of showing images on a screen in two dimensions and depending on special glasses or lenses to give the viewer the illusion of three dimensions. The patent specified a transparent-sided chamber containing an array of lights, or a translucent fluid, in which a three dimensional image could be formed and viewed.

This patent was overlooked until recently. Dr. Barry Blundell, an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of the Virgin Islands, includes it in his book entitled "Computer design in Three Dimensions" (to be published by Wiley, 2007). Dr. Blundell, writing in the August 2006 issue of Engineering and Technology, concludes: "Volumetric displays offer a practical, cost effective, and readily available means of moving forward in this exciting area. Seventy-five years ago Baird recognised the usefulness of this approach in advancing the flat screen display. Without a doubt, Baird's display should be reconstructed and perhaps interfaced to modern computer technology."

Back