360 using vga cable

yogie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,

Ive recently purchased a vga cable with rca output for my 360. Ive tried the lead on two different tft/lcd tv's with pc input but cant get sound the picture is great but no sound. My question is do I need anything else to get sound other than plugging the leads into the sound input of tft/lcd.
Also could I just buy some speakers and if so can any one recommend some cheap ones.

cheers

Make sure the audio cables and VGA cable are on the same 'input'...if you know what I mean. If the PC input is Input5, don't plug the audio cables into Input4.

I've the got the big brother of these logitech speakers (hxxp://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/64005)and they sound brilliant even compared to the 7.2 creative setup I have

hxxp://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/92986

You'll need a phono to 3.5mm jack though.

Maybe you need to enable the sound in the tv menu?

the rca input is classed as av3 and there is a separate button on the remote for pc input. I think im going to have to buy some speakers as the picture quality is so much better through the vga cable.

ive tried plugging earphones into tft but still no sound.
is there anything that needs enabling on the 360.

cheers

I think there should be an audio input to match up with the PC input....there is on my tv anyway. If there isn't, that's just a stupid design. It may tell you in the manual for the tv which audio input is assigned to the PC input.

no tv doesnt have that option. So if I buy the speakers and the audio jack will that do the trick.

cheers

Don't you have a 3.5mm jack plug beside the VGA socket on your TV?
If you do then that's where you need to plug your audio cables in. You'll need a twin RCA to 3.5mm jack converter which normally comes free with an official MS VGA cable.

Agree with you though, the picture via VGA is so much better than component.

Thats were my socket was GaryM, had to go to Maplins to buy rca/3.5mm connector lead, 3.99 well worth it.

Back