360 problem rrod

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
guys

after opening my 360 to do the rrod which i have done on another 360 i noticed that after switching on the fan does a little burst then goes off and i hear no noise at all coming from the xbox itself but it is still flashing 3 red lights.
the dvd drive seems to have no power either?

any ideas guys please?

first off what method have you used ? also just double check that the screws are nipped up also if a bit loose then nip them up more

have you toasted the gpu ?

also make sure there is no shorts

first off what method have you used ? also just double check that the screws are nipped up also if a bit loose then nip them up more

have you toasted the gpu ?

also make sure there is no shorts[/QU

hi there

the fix is all fine it is the fan that spins at the back for like 1 second then cuts off and also the dvd drive does not open.

you need to dig deep in the main 360 section mate because I've read of this same problem before on here somewhere mate.

Send xbc a pm and see if he can advise you because I'm fairly sure it was xbc that helped the guy in the other thread who was experiencing the same problem.

you need to dig deep in the main 360 section mate because I've read of this same problem before on here somewhere mate.

Send xbc a pm and see if he can advise you because I'm fairly sure it was xbc that helped the guy in the other thread who was experiencing the same problem.

think ive sussed it out ill post back

thanks mx

Nice one if you have sussed it mate.... good work :proud:

well here it is

if i nip them up tight it just wont switch on, then if i relax the screws alot it will switch on but with the 3 red lights its as if when i go to tighten them to anywhere near what they should be it shorts out or something if tried different spacings and everything still no joy it seems like the copper coloured one giving the problem ( the tallest out of the 2)

dunno what else to try?

well here it is

if i nip them up tight it just wont switch on, then if i relax the screws alot it will switch on but with the 3 red lights its as if when i go to tighten them to anywhere near what they should be it shorts out or something if tried different spacings and everything still no joy it seems like the copper coloured one giving the problem ( the tallest out of the 2)

dunno what else to try?

anyone help me out with this please?

can i ask what is the secondry error you get is it 0020 by any chance ?

can i ask what is the secondry error you get is it 0020 by any chance ?

no idea mate i either get nothing then if i alter screws i get 3 red lights( slack as hell) then 2 red lights ive never had this before

are you keeping the cpu cool? get the 3 lights back and do the heating method for 15-20mins then let to cool for 20mins.

which sides which what side is the copper coloured thing?

just to let you guys know its displaying the 3 red lights but the fans isnt turning and when i checked the error codes it is 003 which is power problem.
im nearly at the point of giving up.
just read this on the internet:
0003 Power problem could be the PSU could be the GPU/CPU, somehow the console isn't getting clean power from the power supply.
now ive tried 2 different power bricks and they both work on other consoles.
this seems to happen when i tighten or loosen the screws too much? any ideas guys this is pissin me off!!!!!

Last edited:
which sides which what side is the copper coloured thing?

right this is what i did,get the 3 lights back. when the lights are there turn off straight away. put the disc tray back in placebut that is all, put a game box ontop of the disc tray, now put the fan over the copper thing,you will have to put half on the game box ant the other half hanging over to reach the copper thing(sticker facing down on fan). now turn on for 15-20 mins, after that time turn 360 off and leave for 20 mins to let it cool. after you have done that turn the 360 back on and all should work.

right this is what i did,get the 3 lights back. when the lights are there turn off straight away. put the disc tray back in placebut that is all, put a game box ontop of the disc tray, now put the fan over the copper thing,you will have to put half on the game box ant the other half hanging over to reach the copper thing(sticker facing down on fan). now turn on for 15-20 mins, after that time turn 360 off and leave for 20 mins to let it cool. after you have done that turn the 360 back on and all should work.

would be great mate but like i said the fans dont turn while showing me 3 red lights.
if i play around with screws on the board i can get 2 red lights 4 like 4 seconds then it switches off, if i tighten them too much i get absolutely nothing

this is exactly what im getting although mines is a standard board not a falcon. 3 red lights fans not working tho.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvB4klxuFxk&feature=related[/ame]

anyone any ideas?

Last edited:
Could this be where your problem lies then mate? I'm sure I've read that the plastic washers are the ones that are to be connecting with the board and not the metal ones for obvious reasons ;)

Back