360 Hard Drive?

Sylar666

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i bought a 360 Hard Drive that says its 20GB and i formated it but it only reads at 13.9GB is this normal? or have i not done something? any info would help and thanks in advance.

hard drives are never as big as there stated sizes

and there may be some arcade games on there if it's used, if not there may be a bunch of demos and videos on there.

i bought my 360 elite and it came with a 120gb hd but it says 103 gb free, but there was a bunch of demos and vids as i said.

If he had formatted it then the free games/videos/demos would have been deleted though.

I found this...

Don't be fooled though, it may say 20 Gigabytes but you don't really have anywhere near 20 gig to play with. You'll start off with 12 or 13 gigabytes of free space. The rest is taken up by formatting, the emulation software for playing Xbox 1 games and a puzzle game called Hexic HD, which is actually quite addictive. Plus some decidedly average music tracks.

Lol thanks at least i now know i'm not the only one :)

If he had formatted it then the free games/videos/demos would have been deleted though.

I found this...

Don't be fooled though, it may say 20 Gigabytes but you don't really have anywhere near 20 gig to play with. You'll start off with 12 or 13 gigabytes of free space. The rest is taken up by formatting, the emulation software for playing Xbox 1 games and a puzzle game called Hexic HD, which is actually quite addictive. Plus some decidedly average music tracks.

Back