32 bit or 64 bit

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
i know it might be a easy question to answer to some people but i want to try vista but i dont know if my pc is 32 bit or 64 bit how do i find out without sounding stupid thanks for a:Boo: ll your great help

if u have a AMD 64 bit processor which clearly marked on your unit, then the 64 bit , but p4`s and intel celeron , are normaly 32bit editions

Even if its 64bit, I would recommend getting the 32bit version since there are compatibility issues with the 64bit version.

Even if its 64bit, I would recommend getting the 32bit version since there are compatibility issues with the 64bit version.

It depends what OS you are going to stick on the computer windows xp was very bad for getting drivers and programs to work but windows vista 64bit has a lot more support than xp 64bit ever had.

When i installed windows vista 64bit my
Epson printer
Epson scanner
Microsoft keyboard (with finger print reader)
External usb hard drives
were all not working and there was no drivers available for vista 64bit. There is however drivers available for the 32bit vista. for all the devices above except for the usb h/drive
I'm quite surprised how microsoft arent even supporting there own products for 64bit like the keyboard with finger print reader,

Last edited:
core 2 duo is 64 bit if you have a pentium machine, but as said earlier i still use 32bit because of incompatability problems @ the moment.

Back