3 days and struggling

diamondg

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi folks
been trying to get the dbox2 up and running for 3 days now and having real problems so any help is appreciated......used gavs new image and got nothing at all tried brute force scan etc but still nothing i am now using sportster 1.73 which is giving me all the freeview channels(bbc,itv,etc)but when i try any other channels i just get a black screen though all the channels are there i am using the proper tw files for my area,am i missing something obvious or do i have a dodgy box...can anyone help?

if you are getting free view with 1.73 then i would think you should get them with gavs image, are you sure you had everything set right when scanning with gavs as it seems to be one of the best for scanning and pic quality.

as far as i know i had all settings correct followed the instuctions given to enable enx watchdog then followed colour sequence on buttons,i am baffled!

liam the services i am using i have on my other box which is 1x and it works a treat,i am convinced i am missing something trivial,does the fact i am getting terrestial mean i have a good working box?

I take it that you have a sagem box then, if so is it a 1x or 2x as you need to make sure you use the right image for box before flashing.
The one thet liam as posted above is one of the best images and should get you all channels, but make sure your box is a 2x or convert the image first.

i am presuming it is a 2x as it has two chips i opened the box before i flashed it as i had problems with my first one which is a 1x with one chip when i put a 2x image on it,this is the right way to check i hope(if i remember right the chips say "flash" on them)

Yes if it as 2 flash chips its a 2x, cant understand why didnt get any channels with gavs image as it has worked fine for so many ppl, would recomend trying gavs again just to make sure.
Is it a sagem ?

put the image supplied in the link on the box and scanned for all my services got about 220 channels great but no picture on any the infamous"waiting for epg"on all channels,i know this is usually a tuner related fault but i was getting all the terrestial channels when using sportster 1.73 and nothing on gavs image,could it be a dodgy tuner?

Seems strange, wouldnt think its tuner as you get fta on other image, may be worth trying different image ie. sportster 1.7+ uk 05 (in Downloads) and see what you get with that.
good luck

well lads thanks for all the help my box is fully up and running now after trying a variety of images the only one i can get working and showing all the channels is sportster pro1.0,can anyone explain why the other images never worked,confusing or what?

I know you are sored but did you try backing up the image on the working box and flashing that one. It is the quickest way as all your settings will be saved including ip address etc ?

de_deej

Back