2nd Box

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I have one 500C in the living room and one in the bedroom. Right now I have configured the one in the living room to receive channels via free cs. I would like to get these sub channels in the bedroom also. I have read the following 2 posts but I am not the wiser:

1) https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242145/ makes specific ref to home sharing; and

2) https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/244076/

I still cannot get it working. Bod makes ref to sharing a sub card over a home network. I presume this can be done.

Anyone know what the fastest and simplest way to achieve this is? I hope I don't have to go setting up one of those dyndns accounts again.

Any help would be appreciated

Stephen

Last edited by a moderator:
If your cardshare does not go outside your house then there is no need for a dyndns account. In the cline you just enter the internal ip address of the box that is the server into the client. I am a bit confused are you trying to share cable and satellite or are you trying to share cable and cable?

Just trying to share sat. I have a box in the living room with some free share clines on it. I have added the following to this box "F: share1 bedroom". Then in the bedroom I have a box and I have added the following to the that box "C: 192.168.1.24 12000 share1 bedroom" but for some reason the channels are not working in the bedroom. Running out of ideas. In the network settings of the box in the bedroom there is an "x" next to "enable network" & "DHCP" - not sure if I need to change something here?

Thanks for your help!

On your living room box you could try ;

F: share1 bedroom 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 }

and in your bedroom box you could try;

C: 192.168.1.24 12000 share1 bedroom no { 0:0:2 }

Do you have your own sub card in the box downstairs that you are trying to share or are you trying to re-share your C-line ?

If the later then I believe you would have to be given re-share rights by the server owner before you can do anything

Back