28.2e

dunn3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all its a while since i last posted a thread as i had to send my tm5402hd back with flashing red light.
I have it back now but on 28.2e i can only pick 428 channels up, normally i can pick up a lot more i have updated all recent patches/ addons and /softcam but no luck with finding more channels.

Can anyone please help

I think your transponderlist has been erased ! Or yr dish has moved in the meanwhile & needs re-allignment ?
Just wondering, Did you make a backup of yr channellist before it had the red light ? You could use that backup to restore transponders & channels.

I'm sure someone in here has a good complete Uk list. Astra 2.just ask !

Are you suing a fixed dish or motorised? Is the f plug fitted in properly? (receiver and cable)

It is likely to be an alignment/cable/lnb issue.

Hi again dunn3,

Go into the menu and delete all transponders frequencies from Astra 1N/2A/2B at 28.2°E and Eutelsat 28A at 28.5°E ...then do a full 'Blind Search' scan... you should then have everything up-to-date...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

As said above, you should try a blind scan, check connections, if you still don't find over 900 listings after a scan then as above your dish alignment needs checking. If you have access to a proper meter, once aligned you can check power level and more important your carrier to noise ratio. In the north west i usually expect c/n to be around 14db. Power is usually around 80dbuv. I usually find that a failing lnb will lose 5db of power and the same loss from the c/n. If power and c/n is ok at lnb then check it again at cable end. If significant drop then coax is at fault as its attenuating signal too much. It could possibly be a fault with the stb. If you don't have access to a decent meter then take your stb to a m8's and try a blind scan using his dish.

Can't someon provide him with a Sky uk list .cndf. (it will overwrite everything), only thing he needs to do is put diseq right for his setup. If doesn't work, alignment/cable/conenction is wrong.
I do not like the blindscan stuff as there is so many "crap channels-transponders" you get .... but of course it is a good start to figure out what is wrong !
Anyway all good solutions in here, he/she can try out.

Thanks to everyone i have this sorted now.

Has your satellite cable come out of either the stb or your LNB mate?
Is your dish positioned on the selected satellite correctly?
Which stb are we discussing here?
What firmware is it currently on?

Think maybe we need more info please mate?:classic:

Back