27gb Question?

PollyPhfiller

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have a tv series on my p.c and could do with putting the lot on a disc if possible to free up some disk space, What would be my best option and what programmes do i need to use?

To be honest, I would look at getting an external USB hard drive. You can get a bus powered 500gb model for less then £50.

Another option, if you are comfortable messing about inside your PC and have a spare SATA connector, is to install an internal drive. You can get the excellent 1Tb Samsung F3 for under £45 if you shop around.

Not to many options available other than those mentioned by oneman and littlep as 27GB would be 7 DVD's or 4 dual layer DVD's. With dual layer you would then only be able to play them from or on a DL device.

Not to many options available other than those mentioned by oneman and littlep as 27GB would be 7 DVD's or 4 dual layer DVD's. With dual layer you would then only be able to play them from or on a DL device.

No a dual layer DVD will play/read fine in any DVD player.

Suggest you do some research before making a definitive statement.

LG DRT389H DVD RECORDER WITH FREEVIEW

Playback format compatibility: DVD/-R/-RW/+R/+RW/RAM/Dual Layer, CD/-R/-RW, DivX, MP3, WMA, JPEG, PNG

Record format compatibility: DVD-R/+R/-RW/+RW/RAM/Dual Layer

You can get blu-ray writers that write upto 50GB starting from 100 quid and then blank media prices start at £3 for a 25gb disc or £9 for a 50gb disc.

I pay £1.20 for 4 speed 25Gb disks, you can get cheaper too.

I have only bought 1, 50gb disks and thats a re-writable, they are too expensive, but good for testing stuff, if you can be bothered to wait 70 mins for it to write.

If the TV series is AVI or MKV you can fit around 13 episodes on a 25gb blue-ray disk in near-DVD quality or 25 episodes in AVI quality or around 8 episodes in 720p HD quality from MKV files, and play that disk in any blu-ray player.

Back