254w1 or 256

mas05

Reaction score
Need a second mag box for my old man and just wondering if theres any point getting a 256 i have a 254
i read about the firmware problems but they was realy old threads

I'm in the same situation and read somewhere that if your buying new you might as well go for the 256 as it's quicker but if you've got the 254 and thinking of upgrading not worth it at the moment

Well I got a 254w1 for my dad now. I can't see how it could be quick. The 254 loads up and changes channels at a respectable speed and is no slower than the tv it's self.

So may as well save a few quid...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm happy with my 254 as well and as you say it's not slow. I think the processor is better on the 256 but also read that you can't record on the 256 yet.

Can you record on a 254 not sure if mine is a w1 or not
Regards
D

Yes option is there but I've not tried it.

Can you record on a 254 not sure if mine is a w1 or not
Regards
D
You can record if your iptv provider allows it. There is another way by downloading your m3u file to the IPTV channels section on the main menu. I've got it set up like that but can't remember how i did it. I must have followed some instructions on line.

How do you get the m3u file from a mag254

How do you get the m3u file from a mag254

I have a couple of different subs . I used one of those which is not attached to a mag to get the m3u file from. I also have a sub now which allows you to use on mag or an other device as long as it's not the same time. I think best bet is to google it.

Back