25 man squads a joke....what do you think

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i heard/read Wenger was complaining that the new 25 man sqauds would make the premiership poorer and i couldnt see that, now i see what he meant
with the Bellamy fiasco, as he has gone on loan to Cardiff it has deferred the inevitable court case at one time i thought we might have a Bellamy like there is a Bosman, i recon we will in the future.

imho if a player is contracted to a club and on the 12th of august doesn't figure in the 25 players nominated by the club as in "the squad" then his contract effectively has been terminated by that club.

now if the player and club come to an agreement that they continue to pay his wages and he plays in the reserves then that is up to the player.

however if the player wants away (and why wouldn't they) then the player becomes a free agent like a Bosman and can go to whoever he wants.

It will always be the case as it is now that whoever has the most billions will be able to buy the contracts of all the best players and not have them in the 25 effectively making them not available to any one else.

this will make the premiership winning or loosing not on the pitch but who isn't available to play.

Back