22 July updates??

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone had any updates on the 22nd or 23rd july that causes their laptops/pc's to blue screen on startup?

or any avast users having problems?

i cant start my laptop up get a bsod on startup, done a system restore for the 21st and that sorted it but upon restart again it blue screens so im guessing its an update thats causing this. also works on safe mode, not had any hardware changes or software changes.
ps its xp pro

My guess would be avast as I don't have avast on this PC, but have windows live messenger, updated stuff on both those dates but did not have the problem you have. The PC starting in safe mode sems to suggest that also. When you did a SR I suspect the download was then put back on and hence the loop. Would be good to pin it down though.

I know another user who has avast so I will check that out.

What OS are you using?

My guess would be avast as I don't have avast on this PC, but have windows live messenger, updated stuff on both those dates but did not have the problem you have. The PC starting in safe mode sems to suggest that also. When you did a SR I suspect the download was then put back on and hence the loop. Would be good to pin it down though.

I know another user who has avast so I will check that out.

What OS are you using?

cheers mate.

i took both avast and windows live messanger off but im still getting this problem.

Gonne put SP3 on when i get home to see if this resolves it.
if not gonna have to have a full format.

i got avast on whilst running vista and the sp1 update kept failing ,so i turned avast off and updated no probs.

Yeah there are some issues to overcome with SP3 install but I found out all there is understand about that and never have problems with it now.

Back