2110c strange behaviour

Smokin..o0O

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have 2110 that has taken the virgin software and is now being a pain in the ass.
Before the software update, this box ran fine with MOSC, TIT2 and FUNCARD.
I can still get all channels using the same cards with tiers on them but there is 1 very annoying problem.
Every channel change brings up this message :

Attention
Sorry, your Smartcard is invalid.
You won't be able to see all the channels.
Please call us on bla, bla, bla and quote 1009.
Press OK to close window.

The channel is visible in the background while this message is onscreen, and the channels displays fine after I press OK to remove the message.
But this same message pops up on every single channel change, and this means only 1 channel at a time can be selected until OK button is pressed.
Just wondered if anyone else had exoerienced anything similar.

I have 2110 that has taken the virgin software and is now being a pain in the ass.
I can still get all channels using the same cards with tiers on them but there is 1 very annoying problem.

Attention

The channel is visible in the background while this message is onscreen, and the channels displays fine after I press OK to remove the message.
But this same message pops up on every single channel change, and this means only 1 channel at a time can be selected until OK button is pressed.

i had this same problem, it was solved by removing the card and then putting it back in, it shud cum up wid a message bout updating or sumthing, this message will dissappear after about 30 secs and then everything shud be back to normal!!

i had this same problem, it was solved by removing the card and then putting it back in, it shud cum up wid a message bout updating or sumthing, this message will dissappear after about 30 secs and then everything shud be back to normal!!

zamzing
Thanks for your input.

Tried that many times, it just gives me the same message when I pop the card back in.
I do get the "updating settings" message a few times if I swap cards, but always ends up with the old "Sorry, your Smartcard is invalid" message.

hmmm... this is strange ive had this annoying problem with any box ive done that has the virgin media update however removal of the card seems to fix the problem for me.
i really cant think of anything else but im sure sum1 else on here will be able to help, i also seem to remember reading something abouts changing the CAM ID when programming the card although i cant be sure if this will help.

hmmm... this is strange ive had this annoying problem with any box ive done that has the virgin media update however removal of the card seems to fix the problem for me.
i really cant think of anything else but im sure sum1 else on here will be able to help, i also seem to remember reading something abouts changing the CAM ID when programming the card although i cant be sure if this will help.

Thanks again for your comments.
I haven't had much chance to mess about with the sammy again till now.
The problem is still there :(
I have redone 3 cards with a new image I made with tiers, TIT2, FUN and MOSC.
Had a look in engineers menu, it shows card as "not paired":FRIGHT:
I know it has the correct BK and IRD, and if it really was wrong, then I wouldn't get the channel clear sfter I press the OK button, which I do.
I'm baffled

Thanks again for your comments.
I haven't had much chance to mess about with the sammy again till now.
The problem is still there :(
I have redone 3 cards with a new image I made with tiers, TIT2, FUN and MOSC.
Had a look in engineers menu, it shows card as "not paired":FRIGHT:
I know it has the correct BK and IRD, and if it really was wrong, then I wouldn't get the channel clear sfter I press the OK button, which I do.
I'm baffled

have u rebooted the boxes m8 ,try cleaning cards

have u rebooted the boxes m8 ,try cleaning cards

Hi john!
Box has been rebooted many times and I have tried many cards.
It's just weird that although I get the invalid card message on every channel change, and have to press OK button to remove the message, the engineers menu reports card not paired, but I can still view all channels.
If only I could get rid of that damn invalid card message.

Hi john!
Box has been rebooted many times and I have tried many cards.
It's just weird that although I get the invalid card message on every channel change, and have to press OK button to remove the message, the engineers menu reports card not paired, but I can still view all channels.
If only I could get rid of that damn invalid card message.

have u tried power off holding buttons <^> then power up wait till l14 i think then let go and update box

have u tried power off holding buttons <^> then power up wait till l14 i think then let go and update box

john!
Yes , the box has been updated that way a few times now, with the same invalid card message still appearing every time.
Guess it's time to throw this thing in a cupboard and move on.
Thanks for all the help.

Ive got the same problem with my sammy cant seem to fixit,may have to live with it!
sinky

Ive got the same problem with my sammy cant seem to fixit,may have to live with it!
sinky
Sorry to hear the sinky50.
I keep saying that I am done messing with it, but every day I connect the thing up and mess some more.
Today I reconnected talk back and forced the software update again, reset the PIN but still get the same old problem.
I also noticed for first time that I don't get the PIN option on movie channels, never checked that before. I suppose the card not pared as reported in the engineers menu could possibly prevent the PIN option from being available.
But the "invalid card" popup would seriously get on yout tits.
Best of luck mate, I hope you get dorted.

Attention

i had this problem and i ereased the card and reprogrammed it with the grape hex file found in the downloads and now i no longer get that message anymore.i still cant get sly movies but i just have to live with that.

I have had this same message come on screen on my three boxes all sammy 2100's but, it only appeared once and after I pressed ok button they haven't returned. Could this be that I have not loaded the Vigin Media software? I ex cw using fun4 .

Back