2110 power fault

maca

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys me 2110 psu is faulty just stuck on standby 2 led flashing inside stb will a psu from a 2100 be ok to use are they the same ?tried one from another 2110 which is a door stop but it dont work im confused the 10v cap are not the same these are longer

Last edited:
hi guys me 2110 psu is faulty just stuck on standby 2 led flashing inside stb will a psu from a 2100 be ok to use are they the same ?tried one from another 2110 which is a door stop but it dont work im confused the 10v cap are not the same these are longer
The 2100 psu is no good mate.
There are 2 different power supplies for the 2110 which aren't compatabile. I have only ever had one type so don't know for sure but suspect that they could be made to work.
I reckon that the voltages may be the same but arranged differently in the psu plug that goes to the mainboard. Compare the voltage markings from one to the other and using a thin jewellers screwdriver ease the ones that need relocating out of the housing and push them into the correct slot.

This is untested by me but a quick look at the voltage markings on both psu boards will let you know if this is possible.

Chookey

thanks for info chookey here is some pics of the psu m8 ive uploaded a pic with the arrows is this the fault caps have split at the top and you can see black stuff the first image is 2110 and the other 2100

Last edited:
All the pics seem to be the same mate and seem to be 2100 psu's. I've just took a pic of the only 2110 psu's that I've come across so far and there is a very noticeable difference.
Can't upload it till later when I find my cameras' usb lead as I need to be somewhere soon.
Will upload it tonight and if the same as your 2110 then will take details from you and post one on to you.

Chookey

here is a pic of the other 2110 psu which is a door stop and they are not the same i tried this in the one which is fooked and i get nothing im confused because there both 2110 stb the psu the first pic came out of the 2110 that is fooked and it does look the same as the 2100?

the 2110 has two diff psu and mainboards they dont work with each other
the old 2110's have the same psu as the 2100
best thing to do is remove the caps and go to maplin a get some more very easy to remove and fit

the 2110 has two diff psu and mainboards they dont work with each other
the old 2110's have the same psu as the 2100
best thing to do is remove the caps and go to maplin a get some more very easy to remove and fit

the psu from the 2100 works in the 2110 i have tried its only 4 caps bulging at the top what caps am i after same ones or others ?

m80 it does not matter as long as they have same 1000mz
my one has 3x25v and 1x10v 2x16v but all are 1000mz and works fine mak sure they are not blown if they have replace them

maca, i'll gladly exchange you a power supply mate. i'm after a supply that comes off the older 2110. that mother board has 4 tin caps next to the mother board power hookup point. thats the one i want and the one you want has 5 tin caps there i beleive.(i think they may be caps.only had a quick look) let me no.

maca, i'll gladly exchange you a power supply mate. i'm after a supply that comes off the older 2110. that mother board has 4 tin caps next to the mother board power hookup point. thats the one i want and the one you want has 5 tin caps there i beleive.(i think they may be caps.only had a quick look) let me no.

If your stuck chum I have a couple of the other type PSU's, not the one shown, the other type.

If it helps PM me and I can send one to you :banana:

i hav a couple of faulty psu with the caps blown ..anyone no what is the cause of it ...it seems to be a big fault with these psu

i found some caps on a old pc mb ..but they are 1000uf 6.3 volts can they be used or will the volts not being above 10v affect it thanks...

edit........
no need guys found another mb with all 10v 1000uf happy days

Last edited:
i found some caps on a old pc mb ..but they are 1000uf 6.3 volts can they be used or will the volts not being above 10v affect it thanks...

edit........
no need guys found another mb with all 10v 1000uf happy days

no m8 needs to be 10v or over

i hav a couple of faulty psu with the caps blown ..anyone no what is the cause of it ...it seems to be a big fault with these psu

this is just a fault of 2110

The later batch of 2110's dont seem to suffer with this problem - mainly the "planet82" psu's from what ive seen!! Obviously a design fault - probably economised on the caps by using ones with borderline tolerances!!

The later batch of 2110's dont seem to suffer with this problem - mainly the "planet82" psu's from what ive seen!! Obviously a design fault - probably economised on the caps by using ones with borderline tolerances!!

these planet 82s are in the 2100 as well why only 2110 have caps failure and not 2100

Back