2018 World Cup Chat

The issue with Sterling isn’t just his finishing, even though he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.
His decision making is woeful at times, he’s got space in the penalty area and his Captain and the deadliest finisher at the World Cup screaming to have the ball rolled in to his feet and what does Sterling do? He has a wild swipe at the goal (even though he knows he can’t finish a bowl of soup). England should have gone at least 2-0 at half time.
He was our worst rated player yesterday and has been for the entire tournament.
It’s not cost us yet but it just might do.

We’ve grown game by game in this tournament, even in defeat to the Belgians, which looking back was a mater stroke. That’s allowed us to gain the momentum that’s now with us, under far less pressure.
Don’t think we’ve seen the best from this young side yet, getting Sterling going is preferable but we will need to be clinical against better opposition. Think we will stick with him just to give us the continuity in the side. Hope we don’t regret it.
The point is whatever you think of Sterling, he is one of the fastest players we have who can run with the ball, had Sterling not been playing Sweden would not of been so worried at the back and would not have had to stay so deep so as to give their defenders an extra yard, as I said it would of been nice had he scored or even made a better decision when he took a swipe at it as you said, but make no mistake, without he's constant running at the Swedes it would of been a totally diferent game

I half agree, his runs yesterday were superb, has an ability to tie up defenders and pin them back. At times he can take two defenders away.
The worry is that we will need to be clinical now and he’s anything but. As I said, would prefer if we had him in our side on top of his game. If he’s not then let Rashford of his leash, he’s the faster more clinical player.

I half agree, his runs yesterday were superb, has an ability to tie up defenders and pin them back. At times he can take two defenders away.
The worry is that we will need to be clinical now and he’s anything but. As I said, would prefer if we had him in our side on top of his game. If he’s not then let Rashford of his leash, he’s the faster more clinical player.
Rashford had an opportunity to replace Sterling as a starter when we played Belgium reserves, but he missed 2 big chances so hes not really an improvement, I do think we should bring him on if its going to penalties

Rashford had an opportunity to replace Sterling as a starter when we played Belgium reserves, but he missed 2 big chances so hes not really an improvement, I do think we should bring him on if its going to penalties

It’s not really the same thing, when your obvious gameplan isn’t to win.
Playing within the second team isn’t the same either, you’re not going to get the same quality of chances. For all we know missing chances was mentioned as part of the team talk.
Belgium’s route to the semis has been quite a lot more stressful.
I feel we should stick with Sterling but he needs to improve his decision making and chance conversion rates if we’re to progress any further.

Playing within the second team isn’t the same either, you’re not going to get the same quality of chances. For all we know missing chances was mentioned as part of the team talk.
I feel we should stick with Sterling but he needs to improve his decision making and chance conversion rates if we’re to progress any further.
Sterling is a great runner but he needs to improve on his passing skills instead of trying to be a glory hunting greedy sod.

Sterling is a great runner but he needs to improve on his passing skills instead of trying to be a glory hunting greedy sod.
What passing skills? He does not pass at all, You need to pass to have a slight passing skill...:rolleyes:

I’m a good runner myself [emoji23]

Anyway, on with the memes.

bfa75c6b72e12e46239874f2411a0147.jpg

c35aa81d7d826d66f30078e4daa61eca.jpg

FFs guys you are in the semi finals of the world cup so something is going right :) As they say in the lottery ads They are the nicer problems to have.

"who ever thought they would get this far" "no one could of predicted this"
Errr yes i did :rolleyes:
I have had £10 on them to win before the start to win the cup at 16/1 now 5/2
I can cash out now for £50 but not going too as i like to live dangerously..;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Even Mr Putin knows the score.🤫😉

If lukaku wakes up Belgium should walk this World Cup. Pity the only 2 teams that have shown any class meet each other in the semis

He did nothing at all in 90 minutes, gutted for Belgium. Mainly dominated the match but had nothing up front.

I think the French defense was great tonight..

The World Cup is in the bag for England
It`s coming home...:cool:

Back