200's & 250 modem What make are they ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been doing a bit reading up on the whole cable modem thing on this section of the forum. And was wondering what makes are the 200's & 250's that i have read about im using pure TW at the mo and want to know which is the most straight forward modem to hack ? (preferably with no solder etc).

Need to know exactly what to look for when buying of say Fleabay

Any help greatly received

Cheers DGC808

Last edited:
Ambit 250's are easy to do m8 you should get one off ebay for £5-15. you will need a max232 lead as well :) (£7ish)

Hi English, What would i need if i wanted to make my own Max232 lead ?
And will an NTL Home 200/250 work with TW/Virgin Media ?

Cheers DGC808

Cheers DGC808

no idea m8 i bought mine made up and i'm on ntl

Cheers DGC808
they work on all platform m8 and as for the jtag ur better off getting 1 from wayneboy he is a member on this forum its about six pounds inclusive and its next day delivery.

Hi Gentlex, Thanks for the reply, i take it when you say jtag thats the same as a max232 lead ?

Cheers DGC808

The easiest modem for you to do in TW area is either Motorola SB4100i or SB4200i, try and get an older one with unlocked firmware and you should'nt even need to open it up, just connect the Ethernet lead. Have a read of the Haynes, theirs tuts for all models, just take a look through it and decide which is the one you think would be easiest for you.

Regards

Hiya.
Are you sure jtag is the same as max233/232 cable?
I have a jtag and the pinout is different to that of a 233 lead, and I didnt think I could do a 200/250 with a jtag. If this is the case please let me know and I wont go to the bother of making a 233 lead ;-)

Thanks
Dean

Back