2007 mini cooper D

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
Today the airbag light came on in my mrs 2007 mini cooper D.

Ive read the common causes for this but does anybody know what tool i would need to read the fault code and reset the light?

Thanks.

I watched an Australian 60 minutes episode about 2 weeks ago, about Whistle blowers of a major Japanese Manufacturer of airbags Takata [apparently] knowingly using something to set of the airbag that had been responsible for sending parts of the mechanism through peoples heads like bullets, You have just reminded of it, I googled the company and found list of vehicles fitted with offending airbags, I'll post it now you reminded me, and tell My mate as his Honda crv was on the list.

edit found it Recall list

As for question sorry I can't help, maybe @miggy knows something or somebody who can help.

Last edited:
the airbag that had been responsible for sending parts of the mechanism through peoples heads like bullets

Hers isnt on the list so ive got no chance of getting rid of her that way lol

Ah, should have read your post properly:rolleyes: yeah think it only reads ECU errors. Sorry.
HH.
No worries mate..i appreciate the input.

Its doing my head in to be honest, i find something like the b200 scanner on Ebay then read it will only work on models upto 2003....😏

Have you checked the wiring harness under the seat? They tend to work loose.Failing that m8 have a read of this.
BMW recalling 91,800 Mini Coopers to fix air bag problem | Daily Mail Online

Cheers @miggy
Yeah ive checked under the seats...everything seems fine.
But even if i had moved something back into place i would still need to reset the light?

That article was from 2 years ago...i wonder if it still stands? As she has only had it a year so dont know if its ever been back to BMW to have the problem fixed.

Cheers @miggy
Yeah ive checked under the seats...everything seems fine.
But even if i had moved something back into place i would still need to reset the light?

That article was from 2 years ago...i wonder if it still stands? As she has only had it a year so dont know if its ever been back to BMW to have the problem fixed.
It should be on their database. Give them a ring and tell them you are aware of this recall and has it been done?. Tell them you are a little worried over this problem as it's your good Ladies. Worth a try m8.
How to check if your car has ever had a recall | Daily Mail Online 👍

Today the airbag light came on in my mrs 2007 mini cooper D.

Ive read the common causes for this but does anybody know what tool i would need to read the fault code and reset the light?

Thanks.

Your misses? Fook off you lying git. We both know you’re a big girl hairdresser and your car is pink!

Your misses? Fook off you lying git. We both know you’re a big girl hairdresser and your car is pink!

I bought it so me and you can make out in the back.... you know i love midgets

might not be the recalled air bag that's put light on it might be a seat bag check all wires under the seat are ok
kids feet and bags shoved under seats can loosen connections

Ok so i finaly got round to getting the fault code read today.
The scanner reports back a front impact sensor - stage 1.
Reset the light but its come back on shortly after.
Anybody know where these sensors are located on a R56 mini?
Tried google...ive found an exploded view of the airbag layout but it doesnt show you where the sensors are fitted.

Back