2000 front panel/ir problem help please

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya folks,ive got a pace 2000 that my remote decided it wasnt gunna work-so i tried a new front panel still no luck-ive been told to activate my panel in eng menu but i see no option to do this ive tried the ir test in libby and it fails could someone help a fella out here please

violentj said:
hiya folks,ive got a pace 2000 that my remote decided it wasnt gunna work-so i tried a new front panel still no luck-ive been told to activate my panel in eng menu but i see no option to do this ive tried the ir test in libby and it fails could someone help a fella out here please

you "dont" activate a new front panel m8, {the remote should work straight off} --------------------------have you checked the oscillating crystal on the mainboard yet ??----------i seem to remember telling you this a while back

never heard owt about a chrystal,what is this

benny59 said:
you "dont" activate a new front panel m8, {the remote should work straight off} --------------------------have you checked the oscillating crystal on the mainboard yet ??----------i seem to remember telling you this a while back

LOL benny59 i've seen you tell peeps it at least 10 times :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

seriously guys no1 has said owt bout checking the crystal how do i do it

ok so how do i test it-i get absolutly no reaction from using a remote ive got a virgin 2000 can i swap bits round on it

violentj said:
ok so how do i test it-i get absolutly no reaction from using a remote ive got a virgin 2000 can i swap bits round on it

take the metal caseing off the crystal m8{then try your remote}--------there's a good chance the crystal might be shorting out on the caseing------otherwise you will have to replace the crystal "its upto you if you want to swop the crystal from the virgin2000"

ok im guessing that ill have to desolder it from the bottom to swap em-removing the metal did nothing

violentj said:

Doubtful that this will work but won't hurt to try.Press OK, CURSOR UP and TV buttons together. These are the front panel controls used on the Pace 2000 to enable/disable the remote control operations.

Regards...........Chookey​

By the way, are you using the correct remote for the 2000? The blue remote used for 4001 and 4010 won't operate a 2000.

Last edited:
benny59 said:
read this link
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55251

the crystal is in the white box {common problem on the 2000s}

Hi benny, thanks for that, only if it's th processor will i be able to chane it. The remote light on box only comes on solid for a few sec's during bootup, then goes off, it does'nt flash or respond to remote after boot up, so according to your post it must be the processor, any suggestions.

tina said:
Hi benny, thanks for that, only if it's th processor will i be able to chane it. The remote light on box only comes on solid for a few sec's during bootup, then goes off, it does'nt flash or respond to remote after boot up, so according to your post it must be the processor, any suggestions.

dont think there's many people would tackle changeing the processor m8 {more or less an experts job}, try another crystal, "you might strike lucky"

its a lost cause if its the processor,"cost too much to repair"

I had this trouble a little while back and i just thought id say thanks to benny59 for his help, he was right it was the crystal and its sorted now ;)
Thanks mate.
Clive.

Back