200 second modem query

pesmas

Inactive User
Reaction score
ello 1st thing well done boys we done the argies. bookies have us 2nd faves at 7/2 and we just beat the favourites nuff said! right thats the importants stuff out the way.

ill start from the beggining

ntl cut us off abiut 4 months ago im not in the routine of payin bills a new baby will do that to ya .

so out of interest i plugged in my old modem from my old house about 22 miles away. and hey presto it worked been suppin free 3mb ever since

and i wanted to get this old modem working again. ive searched thru the forums tryin to get as much info as poss. basicly i got access comin in cuz i still got the tv and this other modem runnin.

when it boots the synch light is on the rdy light is off or flashing. done the root/root thing no logo to be scene so it didnt upgrade. i think thats a good thing. and im given this 192.168 or something like that as an ip

so whats my next course of action. i used that dhcp to get macs and came up trumps over 3 days i got 11 3 meg macs 9 silvers and would u belive it 3 10meg macs.which are all from the rushden pipe. which from what i can gather is like havin a phonecard in a prison looks like currency lol

any help greatly appriciated. i used search and looked at the tuts

i think you need to have a basic understanding to get anything from those tuts

so anyone who dont wanna give a sarcastic lets see how stupid i am reply.please feel free to give us a hand it will be much appriciated

thanks again

ps anyone want these 10meg macs who can gimme some that might work in rushden gimme a shout

ya m8 i have some macs that will work 4 u if u wanna swap like? uhm ur gunna need to buy/make a max232 cable like its pretty simple like not that hard to do ;@) uhm thats abot it macs & a cable and ur set o and the no-update command like theres a few issues with people having there modems getting updated tho l8tly and if it does u need to lift the chips and flash it back to the no updated firmware like sorry if im confusing u m8ty :D :Cheers:

so cant i use like a mac bluffin program to change it or does it have to be with this wire n stuff?>

no m8 u need the wire like the mac chnagin thing just chnages ur rthernet/usb mac like not the actual modems ;@) u gunna make the cable urself?

Back