20 meg virgin

popi110

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a letter from virgin saying my broardband speed will go up to 20mbps from next month but the price will also go up an extra £3 anyone else had a letter yet

nw ex cw or anywhere

Regional info isn't available yet mate.

Hi

weird mines only going up £2 ?

did u read this

To get the most from the new speeds some customers may require a modem upgrade, at a cost of £25. You will soon be able to check whether Virgin Media recommends that you upgrade your modem via this website.

if they think i am going to pay they can fook off

I cant wait for the speed increase to hit my area, ive just got 10meg lately and i love it so 20megs will be excellent, do you think the 250 will handle the 20meg?

Had my letter and I can confirm a £2 increase....

Looks like I will probably need a modem upgrade as I have a 120...

As to paying £25 quid for a modem upgrade I rather dont think so...

20 Meg would be nice but tbh 10 Meg serves me nicely...

: big crow

Coolur

I remember when they introduced 10mb they said they would be a I think £25 admin fee the cheeky fookers. I told them to suck hairy toes and that I rather leave so cancel my broadband and along with that they might aswell take my 2phone lines and tv service off too... Yep you guessed it no admin fee for the change!

The fee now is for a new modem though so I guess if you need it £25 is a good price no?

Notice that it doesn't say you will need an upgrade to recieve the service, merely to "get the best out of the service". Bit of a swizz me thinks!!

Has Virgin published a roll-out schedule for the various areas like they did last time yet?

I cant wait for the speed increase to hit my area, ive just got 10meg lately and i love it so 20megs will be excellent, do you think the 250 will handle the 20meg?

I had virgin engineer out yesterday and he said no need for a modem change if you have the 250. not sure of the others though

I was told it was a free upgrade last week when i changed my package...

Back