2 Tips for your TM Reciever

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly I thought I had a faulty remote control and went back to TM in Walthamstown to get a replacement. I had tried new batteries beforehand ;)

In the shop they just put in a new set of batteries and pointed it at my STB and it worked. Did I feel a p*at !!

They asked me if I had other remotes in the house, which I do and then they explained and demonstrated how other remote controls hog the frequency and therefore the TM remote does not function.

For a demonstration they used my remote and went to the MENU page and then started messing about with a remote for the 4000 series and whenever I tried to use my remote it was 'Dead' ..............they told me they had only recently found out about and only one other person has had a similar problem.

That's ONE down!! LOL

Second Tip! Spoke to Richard (guvnor @ E17) and he told me that if I ever had a bad or faulty flash, the way to recover the STB was to simply turn it off at the back and then load up the LOADER software and Firmware update and continue as usual, when your about to FLASH turn the STB back on (the COM port will 'Auto-Configure' ) and it will carry out the FLASH as normal.

chrome

Talking of remotes for the 1500, mines playing silly beggars.
If I press a button, say to change channel, then maybe hit the button to reduce vol it changes channel again - is this a common problem. Should I get it changed.

I think it may just be a common problem as sometimes if i change channel then press the Info button the channel changes twice.

Back