2 msn accounts on 1 laptop

manutd4life

DW Regular
Reaction score
can i open two msn messenger windows at the same time on one laptop. i have two accounts.one private and one public and im sick of switching between both of them all the time. cheers

You cannot sign in to msn messenger or live messenger with 2 accounts but I think its possible to sign in with one and use the windows messnger to sign into with the other. There is also the option to use Trillian alongside messenger, you can run trillian which supports hotmail addresses and messenger for the other.

not with the official MSN client you cant - but I think something like Trillian will let you do this.

I have always been a bit wary of 3rd party apps like this, always had a niggling thought at the back of my head that its just harvesting my login details. But I have used Trillian before (for IRC) and has always worked for me.

You cannot sign in to msn messenger or live messenger with 2 accounts but I think its possible to sign in with one and use the windows messnger to sign into with the other. There is also the option to use Trillian alongside messenger, you can run trillian which supports hotmail addresses and messenger for the other.

thx for reply but what i want is to open both messenger accounts at same time so i can chat to both people on both accounts. is trillian free?

there is a free version. I know it allows you to set up multiple im's at once. I am pretty certain you can do this for two MSN accounts.

Back