2 hubs

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have the virgin new hub and the old one, new one is upstairs, can i connect cable to one downstairs so i have a better wireless signal in lounge.

not into cables running all over the place @gez get some home plugs or a wifi extender
:)

Last edited:
Cable already there spud, behind tv so may as well try

2nd one not connecting to internet, any ideas

Nice one chooky it's working now.

remember to use passwords from different boxes for wi-fi each box has a different password.good luck

Well the newer hub is a lot faster than the 2nd hub, newest virgin 80+mbps older hub which I was nearer to 18mbps, both wirelessly, on the main computer which is hardwired i get 109 mbps which is good cos i have the 100 mbps connection,seems I won't be using the secondary hub after all.
Thanks for your help it's been an interesting test

sorry to hijack this thread but seems pointless making a new one...l.

I have the same 2 hubs and I want to have one in each room , can I connect the second one via home plugs then use the ethernet ports on the second one to run my stuff like xbox and pc? I want hardwired not wifi

sorry to hijack this thread but seems pointless making a new one...l.

I have the same 2 hubs and I want to have one in each room , can I connect the second one via home plugs then use the ethernet ports on the second one to run my stuff like xbox and pc? I want hardwired not wifi
Yes :)

Back